Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm and 38S Bullet

45PlottHound

Ok all I am looking for a good slug that I can use reloading both 9mm and 38 Super. Weight does not matter too much as it is a fun round, no matches just plinking. I have several 9mms and an EAA Match in 38 Super I would like to reload for. Lead or jacketed, it doesn't matter. I am currently using Winchester and Hornady 115gr round noses for my 9mm but have not started the 38S yet, the dies are on the way.

Ok all I am looking for a good slug that I can use reloading both 9mm and 38 Super. Weight does not matter too much as it is a fun round, no matches just plinking. I have several 9mms and an EAA Match in 38 Super I would like to reload for. Lead or jacketed, it doesn't matter. I am currently using Winchester and Hornady 115gr round noses for my 9mm but have not started the 38S yet, the dies are on the way.

.355 or .356 will work.

I'm looking to see what brands and types other people have used and their opinions on quality etc..

You will find Montana Gold has what you need 99.9% of the time. I don't work for Montana Gold either.

I'm looking to see what brands and types other people have used

You will find Montana Gold has what you need 99.9% of the time. I don't work for Montana Gold either.

+1. You can't beat the MG - buy them in large quantities

from Manny Bragg - best way to buy bullets.

One of the best bullets I have found for 9x19, 9x21, and 38 Super is the Zero 121gn 0.356" JHP. It has a RN ogive. Excellent bullet. Feeds in everything. So good, they priced it out of reach of my budget.

I will pay the small price difference for JHPs as they always seem to be more accurate than FMJ-RN bullets.

I just wish that Montana Gold offered JHPs and FMJ-FPs in 0.356".

For jacketed bullets, if you only need 1000, order from Precision Delta. If you need more than 2000, order a case or two from Montana Gold.

I shoot lots of 0.357" lead bullets in 9x19, etc.