Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Christmas comes early, XDM 5.25

mpeltier

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Who here knows what the rear sight notch measurement is? Looks like the factory front sight is .147~ and the replacements are .100 & .125 but I can find no info anywhere on the rear sights.

Chris, my rear sight notch measured 0.126" and the stock front sight was .145". Because of the distance between the 2, the stock front has very little light on either side or the rear sight.

• 3 weeks later...

I just picked one up this week and absolutely love it! It's been on my list for a LONG time. I was surprised at how smooth the trigger is out of the box. It took some playing around with the backstraps before I found that I shoot best with number three. That backstrap roll pin is a pain to get out!

I was also really pleased with the accessories that came with the gun.

Now if I can only find some more magazines!

I too just picked mine up today. Nice accessories, but they'll never be used for competition. Might be ok for carry or even IDPA, but serious shooters wont mess with them. I picked up a Bladetech DOH made for the 5.25 from Dawson for around $57. SCORRRRRE!!!!!! LOL

And yes the trigger is nice out of the box, so is the front sight (comparatively) but I'm ditching both of those too, and getting better ones. I only paid $679 for the Bi-Tone model, and even with a few upgrades I'll have less than $1000 in this gun, and it'll be an awesome Prod. gun. Much better (trigger-wise) than any Glock could ever be.

:cheers:

Chris, welcome aboard! :cheers:

Do the PRP UMT, won't regret it. For you I also suggest the Wolff 16lb recoil spring. Stock spring will wear out around 5000 rounds.

Edited by ErichF