Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Stupid 22 pistols!

lawboy

Man we must have some bad S&W 41's then, I haven't seen one run 100% yet at any of the SC matches we run :roflol: My Beretta Target 87 has ran flawlessly. Only time I remember it took a dump was when my shooting bag tipped over and the pistol fail out and right into the sand of the ground. Didn't want to run at all after that :angry: Spent a good 3 hours ripping the gun apart cleaning every nook and crany.

Yesterday I took my tact-sol 2211 out for some live fire practice. The gun has ran 100% for me in the past, but yesterady I must had One or two jams every mag change.. :(

I can take my Marvel to the range and shoot 500 rds. It's hard to do that with a revolver. :cheers:

I'm not so sure about that. Time wise, I think getting 10 rds out of a bulk box and into the chambers of a 10 shot 617 is little different than loading ten into a magazine.

Quite a bit faster. Just shake the box so the rounds orient nose-down and you can grab 3-5 each time and shove them in together. I don't really feel that I slow down steel challenge with my 617, you just push the ejector halfway out, flip the dead rounds with a finger, and reload. Doesn't take 5 seconds if the box is right there with you.

Matt

I am surprised to hear that so many folks have had trouble with 22 pistols in cooler temps. My son shoots a Ruger Mk III for Steel Challenge and has very rarely had any problems. The last match he shot it was about 19 degrees when the shooting started and he had zero problems with the Mk III or his 10/22.

• 1 month later...

I have no problem with my ruger 22/45 in cold or warm weather. I use gun butter in the warmer weather and CLP only in cold weather. I use a really light coating of CLP as it will gum up the works with 22 if it is to thick. If it gets thick I have a speed strip in my ruger and i use an allen wrench, pop it out, spray it clean, light CLP, canned air to blow it out. If you don't have a speed strip for your ruger, get one. That is one of the best addons ever created for the ruger 22. worth every penny

http://majesticarms.com/id10.html

I want a 41 so bad I can taste it. My dad and uncle both have one and they shoot like a dream. They are a little fussy about ammo but run good 98% of the time. I have 1 Mark II and 1 Mark III with Tactical Solutions uppers and they run like a champ. My kids both shoot buckmark lite's one in 7 1/4 and the other in 5 1/2. All 4 guns run fine. I clean them and oil them up before we go our steel challenge match every month. I usually only take them apart every 2000 rounds or so. My son got a C-More for Christmas this year and that little buckmark rocks. I tell him he's cheating it's so fast. We usually shoot Federal Blue Box, Ely Sport, or Thunderbolts. Small drop of oil on the feed ramp and a drop of oil on the first bullet works well after 3 or 4 stages. I also have some long q-tips I swab out the feed ramp and bolt faces on each gun about 4 stages into the match. That's all they need.