Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

6-8 inch drop at 25 yards on new sights

leam

I've finally gotten Boopsie some new sights! She seems to have a 6 to 8 inch drop at 25 yards. That is, she hits that far below where the sights are pictured with two handed slow fire. My understanding, subject to facts, is that I need to shorten the front sight. Anyone have a formula for lowering the sight with a sight radius of a government model 1911?

Thanks!

Leam

Since you know the sights don't work as is would it be practical to just take a file to the range and work them down a little at a time until things are good?

Then either clean them up and sight black them or measure them and get a sight of the correct height?

Boopsie seems to have a 6 to 8 inch drop at 25 yards. That is, she hits that far below where the sights are pictured with two handed slow fire.

Leam, before you go to too much trouble, does Boopsie

normally hit center target with other guns? When you

shoot Boopsie's gun, are YOU 6" low?

It is possible that Boopsie might be causing the

rounds to hit 6" low???

Just a thought before you start filing down the

front sight.

Jack

Boopsie seems to have a 6 to 8 inch drop at 25 yards. That is, she hits that far below where the sights are pictured with two handed slow fire.

Leam, before you go to too much trouble, does Boopsie

normally hit center target with other guns? When you

shoot Boopsie's gun, are YOU 6" low?

It is possible that Boopsie might be causing the

rounds to hit 6" low???

Just a thought before you start filing down the

front sight.

Jack

Jack, Boopsie is the gun. :)

Leam

Since you know the sights don't work as is would it be practical to just take a file to the range and work them down a little at a time until things are good?

Then either clean them up and sight black them or measure them and get a sight of the correct height?

Kevin, That would be the right thing to do if one has any mechanical talent. I need to set my measurements to where they shuold end up else I'll go too far and have to get another front sight.

Leam