Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

My preferred 22s for 617

lugnut

Well after lots of reading around this forum and others I've done some testing. I've worked my 617 down to between 7.5 and 8 lbs with a nice smooth pull.

It seems to work 100% with CCI Std Vel and CCI MiniMag. A handful of older Federal Target and Win Wildcat ammo worked just fine as well... maybe one light hit. Now here's the strange thing... or maybe not. CCI Blazer gave me about 20-40% light strikes!

Now that may not be much of a surprise considering that the Blazer is about 1/2 the cost of the other CCI I tested.... but it's not what many others have noticed... and guess what I just bought 1K of??? rolleyes.gif

For bulk pack 22's the most reliable in pistols I have found is federal champion it seams to be the round of choice for the handgun guys in my area. I know My 617 is 100% with it Nit not with the Remington or peters bulk packs I have not tried the blazer bulk pack

Dave, as I mentioned to you before CCI Blazer is the only thing that my Carmonized 617 will light off reliably. It doesn't run reliably with Federal bulk, Aguila SV (from the CMP), CCI mini-mags, or CCI SV. The CCI blazer is cheap and is plenty accurate. I'm shooting my 617 in my indoor bullseye league this winter. I shot a 282-4x with blazer a few weeks ago, all shots fired double action.

Yeah I know Mike... kinda strange but I definitely was having some ignition problems with the batch of Blazers that I got. I have a bunch of CCI Std and Mini Mags and didn't have a problem. I must have shot 200 Blazer and 200 CCI Std, 50 MiniMags. I just swapped out the strain screw that gave me about a 9 pound pull and called it a day.

Now... I guess the gun could have been dirty but I was mixing up the different ammo all day to be fair. I'd love to try yours- I bet it's real nice!

Now on a great note... that gun was hilarious to shoot. I was shooting all As all day long... oh and how can you not call your shots better with a 22..... damn front site didn't move!!! When I switched to the G34 and the 625 I was like WTF??? I thought someone gave me some 9mm major loads!! I was shocked.

EDIT. I also was surprised just how dirty the gun got so damn quickly! Not sure if it was mostly because of the wax on the bullets or what. I may stick with the MiniMags if not just for the plated bullets.

Dave, as I mentioned to you before CCI Blazer is the only thing that my Carmonized 617 will light off reliably. It doesn't run reliably with Federal bulk, Aguila SV (from the CMP), CCI mini-mags, or CCI SV. The CCI blazer is cheap and is plenty accurate. I'm shooting my 617 in my indoor bullseye league this winter. I shot a 282-4x with blazer a few weeks ago, all shots fired double action.

Edited by lugnut

Since Federal AutoMatch work 100 per cent in my TacSol conversion on my Glock 17 I tried them in my 6 inch 617 and they work great. So do CCI Minimags and Blazer. I just ordered two cases of the AutoMatch.

Tough being bi-polar. I ordered a case, for got that I did and ordered a case the next day. Oh well. I Know I'll be shooting it.