Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

S&B Special Slug 28

ErikW

Four out of five of these malfunctioned in my 1100, which runs everything. The only one that fed and ejected was the last one, only because I hand chambered it and it didn't have any other shell to get in its way.

They are slightly long; they did fit tightly in my shimmed Choate carriers but they did not fit 8 rounds in my 1100 Choate magazine tube extension.

At 35 yards, standing supported against a barricade, three rounds went into 6" or 7". From the same position, two rounds of Remington RR12RS made touching holes.

So much for less-than-$2-per-box slugs.

I've used Winchester Ranger slugs, which are low recoil. The white hull ones were fine but the orange hull ones jammed up my pump gun, an 870 Police Magnum. You'd think that's the one gun they would work in.

Never tried the Wolf.

Winchester Rangers slugs. Aren't they low recoil? Where did you find them. Thanks, Old john

I got them from Precision Delta. You want part # RA12RS15. I was having a hard time finding a Winchester distributor in SoCal that would sell them. My local one is LE only.

So I used the Winchester webiste to find a dist. that had a website and found Precsion Delta. They were so polite and helpful. I highly recommend them. Located in Mississippi but UPS did not seem to mind :D

Weird,

They run fine in my 3" Gold. I have the +20% Wolff Action spring in it and they have always worked for me. I just checked things out and with my mag tube, I can get 9+1 in my Gold (which is what I get with the other shells). I did notice one day when I was function testing and simultaneously doing load practice and firing. I fired about 70 rounds in quick succession (within oh 5-10 mins) and then followed up shooting a few of these slugs and noticed that the barrel was so hot (chamber too) that the yellow marking on the hull was coming off the shell and onto the chamber. I um, decided I should let the gun cool after that :rolleyes:

Vince

• 4 weeks later...