Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

THREE GUN match

I've been toying with the idea (and trying to sell it to the rest of the usual volunteers at SAGC) of hosting a real 3-Gun match. One day format, probably 6 stages (maybe 7), every stage is all three guns. Every stage is "engage targets as you see them". Use whatever weapon you want on whatever target (shooter's choice). Seems to me to be the ultimate in "freestyle". I think we can draw stages that will really work in this format. We'd use USPSA safety and equipment rules, but there would need to be some adjustments to scoring.

My question is, would anyone be interested in shooting such a match?

Cheers,

Kelly McCoy

Kelly,

Sounds great! The only thing that I'd suggest is adding half a day. Long gun stages (especially with real rifle shots) seem to take a little while.

Other than that, I'm down.

Rich

P.S. Cheryl, like we need to give you any advantages. Sheesh! :D

Hey Kelly,

I'd be there in an instant (a couple of days actually) if you held it the weekend after the JP3G in August. I would just dawdle my way on down from Raton and take you up on it. Otherwise, it's a heck of a drive for me. Seriously, if I was already most of the way there because I was in Raton the week before in a vacation month, I really would go the extra mile (or two) and put some sightseeing in with my wife and the traveling pet.

--

Regards,

Kelly, George's suggestion on timing [ weekend after RM3G ] would be a good one as that would make a whole month of major 3 gun matches. OKC, DPMS, RM3G,and your match. I like the sound of the format! Start twisting those arms on the helpers.

I'll Go! I'll Go!!!

Guy Hawkins

P.S. I could bring some of the MGM-SOF swinger rifle targets to make those rifle stages easier to run if you want. Using them on a multiple postion stages works great. Just set up several different shoot areas for the shooter to have to go to and call the shots, no taping! Plus you can have them a longer ranges to boot! I ordered some for the stage my brother and I are running in Raton this year. Let me know. And I can get my sleeping bag I left!! LOL!

I've been toying with the idea (and trying to sell it to the rest of the usual volunteers at SAGC) of hosting a real 3-Gun match. One day format, probably 6 stages (maybe 7), every stage is all three guns. Every stage is "engage targets as you see them". Use whatever weapon you want on whatever target (shooter's choice). Seems to me to be the ultimate in "freestyle". I think we can draw stages that will really work in this format. We'd use USPSA safety and equipment rules, but there would need to be some adjustments to scoring.

My question is, would anyone be interested in shooting such a match?

Cheers,

Kelly McCoy

:blink::wacko: !!!!

"Trying to sell" he says! This is the first I've heard of this idea! !@#$%^&* (OK I feel better now... :P ).

Sounds doable, Kelly and as far as I know, the end of August doesn't conflict with anything important.... except the Texas Limited at Breckenridge! Rats! (Most of us will be ROs, Kelly will be stats)

Well, pick another date and count me in.

Bill

Prez SAGC

PS

Let me know. And I can get my sleeping bag I left!! LOL! [\quote]

Guy, Kelly told me he still has your sleeping bag (only used it once when his SO was pissed and made him sleep in the garage) and still plans to mail it to you if he ever gets bag, box, stamps, and himself in the same place all at the same time. :D

How about the first weekend in Sept.?

I am not shooting the Tx Limited and the last weekend in August is fine with me (I shoot 3gun not just pistol, unless I am forced to...........LOL!)

Guy

First weekend in Sept would be alright with me, I'll be in Quincy, Ill 2nd weekend for the USPSA Nats and my practice? (who needs practice? :wacko: ) schedule might suffer but what the heck...

Bill

count me in, if the dates don't conflict with tx ltd or pistol nationals.

scout sez, he can make the trip this time cuz it won't be cold.

if you want some help designing stages let me know, i can be nice or sadistic, whatever your preference. trapr

I'm swamped through the 3-Gun Nats. Tombstone Tactical is a Nat. Rifle Match Sponsor. Can't make Raton, Boo Hoo, commited to Mike's Match. Will have a hell of a display set up at Nats and Steel chalenge. Side Matches, Man on Man Sniper countersniper is done, new 8" 3 plate rack. Would love to come back from" Sodom by the sea" and shoot some 3-gun. I will bring the full show, lots of all, If you would like. Lets do a TTAR Match. TT

if you guys need to get ahold of me, go to the alpha-mike shooters website and call one of the members, they can all get ahold of me, or you can get me thru txipsc. i'd like to help. as far as scoring, you might think about using multi gun rules. instead of uspsa. trapr