Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Headed to Atlanta, GA for thanksgiving

sounds good. now i have to convince the lady to let me take my guns. Going for her brothers wedding and she will be occupied with that the day before the wedding. so i thought i might as well go out and have some fun rather than sit in a hotel until the wedding.

part of metro atalanta........???? never been. she is the boss and is telling me when we are leaving and staying. im just along for the ride. i will be in atlanta the 24th-27th. if i cant bring my gear then im more than happy to just watch a match. it will get my out of the hotel. thanks though.

i will find out today exactly where i will be going.

Ouch. i got an ear full when i called her. well i will be downtown and when i mentioned shooting.....yea.... prob shouldnt repeat what she said. so i will def. watching a match if one is going on.

Sadly, I don't think there's going to be any scheduled matches going on while you're here (the holiday and all that).

But since you'll be in downtown, keep your ears open and maybe you'll get to witness one of the impromptu events that spring up in that area.

:rolleyes:

2-gun pistol/shotgun match 11/26 at Riverbend gun club

Ahhhh. Thanks for the reminder.

Chris W. sent a notice of upcoming matches with his match results last week and this was in it.

He said in that email it would be Pistol Only unless Mark L. changes his mind. Do you know if Mark definitely decided on a 2-gun match?

Sadly, I don't think there's going to be any scheduled matches going on while you're here (the holiday and all that).

But since you'll be in downtown, keep your ears open and maybe you'll get to witness one of the impromptu events that spring up in that area.

I've never actually witnessed one of those "events" but from what I have seen on the local TV stations, there's a lot less rules down there! :roflol:

I've never actually witnessed one of those "events" but from what I have seen on the local TV stations, there's a lot less rules down there! :roflol:

Yeah. They really are. . . .freestyle!

umm should i be worried about downtown Atlanta? the wedding is at the Atlanta history Center.

No more than any other major city. Act and look like you know what you're about, scan regularly and let folks see you're aware of your surroundings, and don't do dumb things.

Hmm, and I thought you were in the know Mark. :roflol:

Below is Mark L email

Ladies and Gents,

The USPSA 3-Gun listed on 11/19 is an error. The River Bend match for November will be the 26th and will be shotgun and pistol.

Thanks!

Mark

RBGCPS-List mailing list

umm should i be worried about downtown Atlanta? the wedding is at the Atlanta history Center.

No more than any other major city. Act and look like you know what you're about, scan regularly and let folks see you're aware of your surroundings, and don't do dumb things.

lol guess that means not boots or cowboy hat.

Hmm, and I thought you were in the know Mark. :roflol:

Below is Mark L email

Ladies and Gents,

The USPSA 3-Gun listed on 11/19 is an error. The River Bend match for November will be the 26th and will be shotgun and pistol.

Thanks!

Mark

RBGCPS-List mailing list

That must be the one mailing list I'm NOT on!

D Roc, if you show up to the RBGC shotgun match, you're welcome to use my equipment if you send me a PM and have factory loaded 12 gauge shells.

It's a great match! :cheers:

Edited by DyNo!

D Roc, if you show up to the RBGC shotgun match, you're welcome to use my equipment if you send me a PM and have factory loaded 12 gauge shells.

How cool is that?

D Roc, you have to decide...

:devil:

Y'all are great!! Thanks for the offer though. Im going to try and at least watch for an hour. Never done two gun before... Only steel and uspsa so it will be fun to observe.

How cool is that?

D Roc, you have to decide...

:devil:

Y'all are great!! Thanks for the offer though. Im going to try and at least watch for an hour. Never done two gun before... Only steel and uspsa so it will be fun to observe.

Do you need directions to the range?

As a quick follow up, it will *indeed* be a 2 gun match... something like 6 stages, probably 2 pistol only, 2 shotgun only and 2 combined 2 gun stages. It will be the 4th Saturday at the RBGC range, starting at 10am, signup at 9am. I unfortunately will be on a cruise ship, but Mark, Larry, a Karl, and gang will most likely put on a great match. It's the saturday after tgiving, so it should give everyone *something else* to do beside eat turkey and watch college football :).... Course I'm sure there are some who think there *is nothing else to do* besides the above :)...

Alan

As a quick follow up, it will *indeed* be a 2 gun match... something like 6 stages, probably 2 pistol only, 2 shotgun only and 2 combined 2 gun stages. It will be the 4th Saturday at the RBGC range, starting at 10am, signup at 9am. I unfortunately will be on a cruise ship, but Mark, Larry, a Karl, and gang will most likely put on a great match. It's the saturday after tgiving, so it should give everyone *something else* to do beside eat turkey and watch college football :).... Course I'm sure there are some who think there *is nothing else to do* besides the above :)...

Alan

Alan, can you get me onto the River Bend e-mailing list?

I don't have Mark's email handy...

I should(!), but I don't.