Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Multi-function Scanner, Copier Recommendation

My scanner is painfully slow (old). And my fax/copy machine, which I need occasionally to copy or scan (rather than "scan/email") just crapped out completely.

So does anyone have a recommedation for a multi-function scan/copy machine?

be

Brian,

I purchased a Lexmark Platinum Pro905 for the office back in January. The ladies in the office say it's running like a champ.

Below is the link for the review from Cnet.

http://reviews.cnet.com/multifunction-devices/lexmark-platinum-pro905/4505-3181_7-33770746.html?tag=rb_content;contentBody

Banks

I have two Brother laser printers that handle all our daily printing, so my only intended use for the new device will be for faxing and copying. And we only need to copy/fax maybe once a month. So I'm wondering if anything ink jet would end up being a problem with cartridges/nozzles clogging. After I trashed my last ink jet printer, I swore I'd never have another ink jet device in the office.

?

be

if it helps at all..

I don't print/copy with mine very much.. probably a few pages a month tops.. I've had the Brother just over a year, never an issue with clogging..

The HP we've had 3 years.. never a clog issue.. it gets about the same amount of work

Maybe the ink is better these days?

Wireless would be nice.. but with the VPN software I use, I have to connect with USB... :(

So to share between my work and my primary home system, I bought a small USB switch box.. .real hassle..

but that explains why we have to have 2 printers too - not being able to share the printers across the network. she has the same Cicso VPN client

The software (at least for Windows) is really nice, hopefully the MAC versions are similar