Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

mixed paper targets on stages

Just wondering if it is OK to mix paper target on a stage? Specifically, I want to designate one type as pistol targets and another as rifle so as to make it easier for the shooter to distinguish them. I noticed in the Nationals MG stage design illustrate drawing with mixed targets (typically classic for rifle and metric for handgun). However, I haven't found any specific rules change that would OK this. Help?

Our local matches mix paper- but we use full size targets w/ heads for pistol and 1/2 size targets w/ heads for rifle. It's very easy to distinguish between the rifle and pistol targets this way, and a little more of a challenge on the rifle targets using the 1/2 size. Our local clubs have small bays and there isn't enough room to stretch out the targets to let locations dictate which gun is used to engage them.

Edited by Bryan 45

We just had a match this past weekend. We cut off the D-zone on the targets. This range did not have the 1/4 size targets. After cutting the D zone for my stage, one of the other stages utilized the disgarded d zone, flpped it over and stapled it on as no shoots for their stage. This worked real well and provided for some unique target presentations we had not used before.

Jay

We just had a match this past weekend. We cut off the D-zone on the targets. This range did not have the 1/4 size targets. After cutting the D zone for my stage, one of the other stages utilized the disgarded d zone, flpped it over and stapled it on as no shoots for their stage. This worked real well and provided for some unique target presentations we had not used before.

Jay

This is good stuff. I like to see things mixed up and new presentations attempted.