Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Shadow Firing Pin Length

Racer377

I know there is a thread that I've seen somewhere on firing pin length, comparing the standard to the extended, but I cannot find it to save my life!

I'm curious on the measurements of the standard pin v. the extended.

CZ custom finally got the Shadow extended pins in stock, so I ordered one up along with a 13lb main (which itself had been on intergalactic backorder).

The parts arrived in the mail last night, and to my surprise, the extended firing pin is the exact same length as the one in the gun already! 2.468" I was a bit surprised, because I didn't think the used Shadow I bought was a Custom Shadow, and the previous owner said it was bone stock, but was bought from CZC. So now I'm thinking that either the gun did have some custom work done before shipping out, or, maybe the wrong FP got shipped to me by mistake.

2.440" factory and 2.499" extended as just measured.

Anything = to or over:

63.5 millimeter = 2.5 inch is extended. I confirmed this with the custom shop and my own measurments.

The orginal thread was tossed by a mod. The mod said a vendor posted in it.

Edited by Philo_Beddoe

Anything over:

63.5 millimeter = 2.5 inch is extended. I confirmed this with the custom shop and my own measurments.

Well, I'm going to have to measure the one they sent again and make sure on my 2.468 measurement and give them a call. :huh:

Anything over:

Well, I'm going to have to measure the one they sent again and make sure on my 2.468 measurement and give them a call. :huh:

I should have said anything = to or over 63.5 millimeter = 2.5 inch is extended. 2.499 would be close enough though. :)