Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Springfield P9/TZ

hgr2

I have an old Springfield P9 9 x 21 open gun that has been setting around for the last 10 or so years. I want to use it for steel challenge type shooting but want it in 9mm. I want no comp or optics anymore. What is the longest slide available to fit one of these P9 frames. Is there a custom 6” slide for these things?

Tough to find small frame Tanfoglio slides these days...at least in the US.

I have an old Springfield P9 9 x 21 open gun that has been setting around for the last 10 or so years. I want to use it for steel challenge type shooting but want it in 9mm. I want no comp or optics anymore. What is the longest slide available to fit one of these P9 frames. Is there a custom 6” slide for these things?

Edited by pivoproseem

The longest slide Springfield had was their LSP model, it had one set of V porting at the end of the slide. You will probably end up buying a complete gun if you can't find a slide that someone has laying around. You will also have to switch barrels to a non ported one if your going to shoot Limited/iron sights.

Rich

You can shoot .45 GAP in a .45 ACP and .40 S&W in a 10mm, but IMHO its not a good idea to do so.

Plus my buddy who shot a couple boxes of .45 GAP through his .45 ACP gun was seeing HORRIBLE accuracy...

You can shoot .45 GAP in a .45 ACP and .40 S&W in a 10mm, but IMHO its not a good idea to do so.

Plus my buddy who shot a couple boxes of .45 GAP through his .45 ACP gun was seeing HORRIBLE accuracy...

But... In 9x19 and 9x21 the coal will be about the same and the bullet will be the same distance from the end of the chamber.

• 3 weeks later...

call EAA and see if they have any long slide top ends for the small frame in stock if they do it should be a simpel matter to fit one to the frame, it may even drop right on. I have a P9 that I took the top end off a 9mm small frame witness and fit to the frame (it was a little tight on the frame rails so I put some polishing compund onthe rails and worked the slide till it was sliding freely) I belive the long slide top ends are about a half inch longer than the regular ones,

Mike