Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Which Bullet?

saibot

Time to order some more 9mm bullets and thought I'd ask your thoughts on what to try next to feed the M&P. I tried 124 JHP Zeros and my M&P really liked them but I had a hard time getting them because they were always out of stock. I then went to 124 JHP Montana Golds but they are shaped a little weird, strait and not curved, and didn't shoot that great for me. I was considering going with the MG CMJ to see how those worked. A friend suggested Precision Delta and they are the least expensive of the bunch. So I thought I'd ask you all, how would you rate the three, like first second and third? And not sure if it matters, but Winchester primers and Solo1000 powder.

124 MG CMJ

124 Zero FMJ

124 PD FMJ

Thanks!

That is a very subjective question as it depends on your gun and what the barrel in it likes. If you read through some of the similar questions here, by using the search, you should see that most peoples M&P's like either the 124's or the 147's of various brands. Mine likes the 147's best so that is what I use.

It is not on your list but Bayou Bullets have worked very well for me.

(edit because I can't spell)

Edited by Classic_jon

I've used Zero and PD and have not complaints. In my pistols Zero may be a bit more accurate, but the price on PDs is hard to pass up. I've only used MG in 45 and they were fine, quick to ship, but pricier.

Where is everyone getting their Precision Deltas from? I went to their site and the 124 JHP is $84 for 1K. If you multiple that out to equate to the box of MG (which is 3750), that would cost you $315. You can get the box of MG 124 JHP for $308. Not sure if I'm missing something here. Please let me know because I'm getting ready to order more soon...Thanks

Zero is out of the question, I just quite looking for them, got tired of them always being out. They are great bullets but MG is almost always in stock (or Manny) and they will get it to my door step in four days.

That is a very subjective question as it depends on your gun and what the barrel in it likes. If you read through some of the similar questions here, by using the search, you should see that most peoples M&P's like either the 124's or the 147's of various brands. Mine likes the 147's best so that is what I use.

It is not on your list but Bayou Bullets have worked very well for me.

(edit because I can't spell)

+1 on the Bayou Bullets 147. Love em.

Time to order some more 9mm bullets and thought I'd ask your thoughts on what to try next to feed the M&P. I tried 124 JHP Zeros and my M&P really liked them but I had a hard time getting them because they were always out of stock. I then went to 124 JHP Montana Golds but they are shaped a little weird, strait and not curved, and didn't shoot that great for me.

Have you tried Xtremes? They shoot lights out in my pistols.

Time to order some more 9mm bullets and thought I'd ask your thoughts on what to try next to feed the M&P. I tried 124 JHP Zeros and my M&P really liked them but I had a hard time getting them because they were always out of stock. I then went to 124 JHP Montana Golds but they are shaped a little weird, strait and not curved, and didn't shoot that great for me. I was considering going with the MG CMJ to see how those worked. A friend suggested Precision Delta and they are the least expensive of the bunch. So I thought I'd ask you all, how would you rate the three, like first second and third? And not sure if it matters, but Winchester primers and Solo1000 powder.

124 MG CMJ

124 Zero FMJ

124 PD FMJ

Thanks!

There are a few places that sell MG bullets in small quantities (100) such as gunstop.com Maybe pick up a few and try them out in small batches, see if you like the results.

If you like 147gn bullets, both MG and Zero's are great. I personally dont care for the way the gun cycles with 147gn bullets but some people like it.

Thanks everyone for your input! A friend gave me some Precision Deltas to try out and I think I'll take your advice and get a small batch of MG CMJ's to try out. I'll let you know how it goes.

I would go with the MG CMJ ($303/3750) if you shoot indoors and they ban bullets with exposed lead.

Of the three bullets, I would probably go with the PD FMJ ($79/1000). Is there a particular reason for only looking at FMJ bullets?

I would much prefer the MG 121gn IFP ($310/3800) or the 124gn JHP ($308/3750).

From PD, I would look at the 124gn .38 super FMJ ($77/1000), cheaper than the 0.355" version and extremely accurate in 9x19, or the 124gn JHP ($84/1000).

For the difference in cost in bulk, I just don't even bother with FMJ.

One of my favorite bullets for 9x19 and .38 Super is the Zero .38 Super 121gn JHP ($282/3000 at Powder Valley). It has a RN ogive and feeds like a FMJ (if feeding is your reason for going with a FMJ). I haven't tried the Zero .38 Super 125gn JHP ($309/3000)

I find that due to variations in the barrel groove diameter, that 0.3555"-0.356" bullets are usually more accurate in 9x19 guns than the standard 0.355" bullets.