Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Tactical Sport FTE Problem

Suff

New CTS40 from Angus. Less than 500 rds thru it. No hiccups to date. Shot 1st match yesterday.

About midway thru the match I start having a problem.The 1st round would fire then the gun would not go back into battery. Upon inspection the fired case was still in the chamber with the 2nd round driven into the back of it. The problem continued for the rest of the day making for a miserable match. I tried downloading to 8-10 rounds with no help. I also verified it was doing it with every mag. I stripped it today to inspect it. Ejector was clean with no visable damage, ejector spring was not broken, extractor didn't show any damage. Anybody have any guesses?

If it is not extractor related such as the extractor itself, grime or dirt behind extractor, or extractor spring, etc. I would think maybe ammo. I had a few issues recently with one of my TS's where I actually had to use the rear sight on a prop wall to pop a round out that would not seat correctly. My SDB was not resizing the die as well as needed. I chamber checked the rounds before the match, but did not show up until during a stageafter about 150 rounds had already been sent downrange with no issues... :angry2: I started using the LEE bulge buster and have not had an issue since.....

Look for crud in the extractor. That happened in my gun. It caused the round in the chamber to not get extracted, and the next round gets crammed in behind it. What stinks most is that Tap, Rack, Bang does not clear this. You need to drop the mag to clear it.

Had the same problem - failure to extract. Checked extractor and spring - no crude behind the extractor and both apparently in good shape. Replaced the extractor spring with an extra strong spring from CZ Custom. Problem solved. You may need to cut coils off the spring to get it to fit.

Try this test. Push on the back of the extractor toward the frame using only finger pressure. If you can easily depress the back of the extractor, the spring may be weak. Hope this helps.

ken

New CTS40 from Angus. Less than 500 rds thru it. No hiccups to date. Shot 1st match yesterday.

About midway thru the match I start having a problem.The 1st round would fire then the gun would not go back into battery. Upon inspection the fired case was still in the chamber with the 2nd round driven into the back of it. The problem continued for the rest of the day making for a miserable match. I tried downloading to 8-10 rounds with no help. I also verified it was doing it with every mag. I stripped it today to inspect it. Ejector was clean with no visable damage, ejector spring was not broken, extractor didn't show any damage. Anybody have any guesses?

I had the exact same thing happen to my TS 40. My problem was fixed by replacing the extractor spring with one from Wolff. Good luck.

Mike