Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IOS 5 Upgrade

Merlin Orr

I picked up a 4s on fri.,works great, so smooth , no hitches like my android. I think Verizon is the way, even with the costs for service. I think you will enjoy the 4s when u get one. It is so much quicker then my 4 was, and Suri is great .

Why would you even TRY to do this on a 3GS? iOS 4 bricked many an iPhone 3G/3GS in the past and causes massive slowdowns in the ones it actually works on.

i upgraded my 3GS and it runs fine.....although it could not do a restore after the phone reset. No big deal though as i had synced so i just synced again....it is working....same with my daughters.

Can you carry on a phone conversation and access the internet (browse, email, whatever) at the same time with Verizon?

No, but why would I want to? I'm either in front of/within a few steps of a real computer, or in the car when I'm on the phone.....

Sitting where there isn't a computer or tablet handy and someone asks you a question that you could answer real-time if only you could browse and talk at the same time? :rolleyes: There was even an Apple commercial emphasizing that.

The caller can look it up themselves on their AT&T phone and save me the bother.......devil.gif

Sitting where there isn't a computer or tablet handy and someone asks you a question that you could answer real-time if only you could browse and talk at the same time? :rolleyes: There was even an Apple commercial emphasizing that.

I do that at least once a week or so.

ACTUAL WORKING coverage and service.. or talk and lookup at the same time... that's your choice

Fixed that for you. And yes - I see it all the time (in NYC). My Verizon iPhone will work while AT&T ones have to go sit by the window.

• 4 weeks later...

After my kids constant bragging about how cool it was, I finally upgraded my 4 to the IOS5. It doesn't run as smooth as the guys that have 4s's, but it runs pretty good.

The pull down shade is cool. The texting is better. Icloud seems pretty cool. I like the notifications, but I have to use a passcode for work so it's not as easy as a swipe to go there for me. The Siri on the 4S is cool, but I'm not sure I would use it much. We did a test the other day for lunch. We were looking for an Arby's for lunch. I did the map search for Arby's. Just typed in Arby's and the phone had to use my location to map out the closest. My friend with a 4S did the Siri and my map search was twice as fast. The Siri did work though. It's certainly a good thing if you're driving. Not sure I would use it that much...

I've had AT&T for the last 7 or 8 years. The coverage has steadily gotten worse. Turning off 3G helps a bunch, but it still sux. Not sure if it's just the building or location, but one of the guys I work with just got the Verison 4S. His reception is no better than mine or the other AT&T users. Not sure why...