Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Original KISS Feeder vs Mr. Bulletfeeder

Does anyone have experience with both the original KISS bullet feeder and the Mr. Bulletfeeder? I didn't realize the original KISS feeders were still available for purchase. As it turns out, I can get the KISS feeder for about $60 cheaper (after shipping). Are the improvements to the Mr. Bulletfeeder worth the extra price?

Does anyone have experience with both the original KISS bullet feeder and the Mr. Bulletfeeder? I didn't realize the original KISS feeders were still available for purchase. As it turns out, I can get the KISS feeder for about $60 cheaper (after shipping). Are the improvements to the Mr. Bulletfeeder worth the extra price?

Your best bet is to give Rick at call at Mr Bulletfeeder and ask him. I have the original KISS and from what I know, the big differences is that the dropper die is now spring loaded so if you get a wrong case into it, the metal claw that drops the bullet won't get bent. The other major difference is the thing that knocks misaligned bullets out of the collator plate. The original just had a metal ball bearing that would bounce from slot to slot. Rick changed the design to a spring loaded lever that works better. Is that worth $60? Your call but if you are already considering adding a feeder to your press, I have a feeling $60 is not all that much when you look at the overall picture.

Talk to Rick, he will give you the straight story!

Later,

Chuck

Thanks for your reply Chuck. Definitely agree that $60 is not a big deal if it is a better machine. I've already talked to Rick, but wanted to get opinions from others with experience using both. From what I understand, Roger is now manufacturing the KISS while Rick is manufacturing the Mr Bulletfeeder.

I have & use both.

Both are great.

The biggest difference I see is the newer Mr. Bulletfeeder has a design improvement in the bullet feed die which would save it from being damaged if a taller case went through.(ie, if a .38 super case went through when loading 9MM)

If your careful about sorting your brass, not an issue.

You can't go wrong with either IMO

Is there a difference for the bullet feeder for the 650 vs 1050?

I have a 650 now, considering a 1050 in the future. I just want to make sure it works for both machines, and or what parts I will need to make them compatible.

The list price on Rick's web site is the same price that I paid for my KISS almost 5 years ago plus $150 for conversion kits.

There have been some improvements made but that's just natural progression.

I'm not having any problems with my KISS.

Is there a difference for the bullet feeder for the 650 vs 1050?

I have a 650 now, considering a 1050 in the future. I just want to make sure it works for both machines, and or what parts I will need to make them compatible.

The only difference AFAIK is the position of the mounting bracket.

Since the 650 toolhead is fixed, it's relatively easy to place. The 1050 might require a little guess and adjustment.

• 3 months later...