Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Will a Gen 3 mag release work in a Gen 4?

DonovanM

TopGlock.com has custom mag releases that clearly state Gen. 3 or Gen. 4. Not sure about the stock ones though. Vickers brand doesn't seem to say Gen 3 or 4. Glockmeister extended looks like it's Gen 3 (and under) only. Are you referring to stock/factory extended releases, or the "competition" mag releases? I haven't played with any though, and I'm kind of curious myself.

Do you have a Gen. 3 trying to go Gen 4? a Gen 4 trying to put in a Gen 3? or just curious yourself?

Oops, guess I should read the title!

Edited by Pro-Pain

Thanks for the replies!

TopGlock.com has custom mag releases that clearly state Gen. 3 or Gen. 4. Not sure about the stock ones though. Vickers brand doesn't seem to say Gen 3 or 4. Glockmeister extended looks like it's Gen 3 (and under) only. Are you referring to stock/factory extended releases, or the "competition" mag releases? I haven't played with any though, and I'm kind of curious myself.

Do you have a Gen. 3 trying to go Gen 4? a Gen 4 trying to put in a Gen 3? or just curious yourself?

Oops, guess I should read the title!

I'm pretty sure my next gun purchase will be a Gen4 G34. I was just wondering if I could use the Gen 3 mag release if my weak hand interferes with the mag button. Looks like I'd just have to swap it over to the other side if it does.

So the next question, will the Gen 4 21 release work with the Gen 4 17/34?

Tried it this morning. Nope, won't work. The extended portion of the release, back towards the shooter, needs to contact the frame to keep the release in place. There isn't enough meat on the 21 release when you stick it in a 17. It's also more of a pain in the butt to change releases. I had to pull the spring instead of just levering it out of the way. Anybody have a G35/34 Gen 4? Is the release extended on that one?

I have a 35 gen4 and it is not extended. It is the same as the other 9,40,357 guns.

Matt

So the next question, will the Gen 4 21 release work with the Gen 4 17/34?

Tried it this morning. Nope, won't work. The extended portion of the release, back towards the shooter, needs to contact the frame to keep the release in place. There isn't enough meat on the 21 release when you stick it in a 17. It's also more of a pain in the butt to change releases. I had to pull the spring instead of just levering it out of the way. Anybody have a G35/34 Gen 4? Is the release extended on that one?