Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

He-Man National Championship

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Pretty slow! But they're coming! Couple new sponsors added and working our way up!

I'm directing my all-school musical, so not going crazy on it right yet! :blink:

Denise

:eatdrink: Liked this icon, and maybe need to imitate it soon!!! Good grief, this weekend I have to paint a VW bug GROOVY!!! :surprise:

Edited by Benelli Chick

• 3 weeks later...

I know that this isn't one of those computer sign-up matches, or one of the matches that fills in a second...but, even though we're filling, I need to start getting on t-shirt orders, trophies etc...so if you think you're probably wanting to come, drop me a line at johnson3gun@earthlink.net or better yet...send me your application! :rolleyes:

We're looking for a few more RO's as well. Think we might pick some up at the RO Clinic on March 31, but we're looking...so if you're interested...

http://home.earthlink.net/~johnson3gun/

JJ has some...fun :devil: ideas for you BIG GUN guys! I think you'll really like it!

Denise

COME ON! Lots of you guys have .308s! don't let an ole goat like me end up winning this thing! i havne't won a He-Man since 2009. Raton is a swell place to play.

did i mention B.R.A.S.S. ?

did i mention B.R.A.S.S. ?

Okay Wynn,

Is that some sort of secret code?

not really secret. Breathe, Relax, Aim, Slack, Squeeze. by the way, you gonna be there?

Edited by 1chota

I just sent this out to a whole bunch of 3gunners by email, but I know there will be some that fall thru the cracks...

So please consider this your "official invite"! Forward it to all your 3 gun friends. Also, RSVPs either here or by email would be greatly appreciated so we can get a feel for whether we should continue this next year or not. For those of you who need to ask, the match is not quite 1/2 full. TIME TO MAN UP and shoot HEMAN! :lol:

Dear 3Gun Competitor,

You are receiving this email because I noticed you have competed in a 3gun match in one of the “heavy” divisions, or I just figured you might want to know about a new 3-gun match. Yea, I know, another 3-gun match. Bear with me and read on.

This is a major 3gun match for HEMAN only, called the HeMan Nationals! It will be held at the NRA Whittington Center in Raton New Mexico on June 2 and 3, 2012. We will have 2 divisions, Iron and scoped, in the natural terrain that we all love in Rocky Mountain 3-Gun style. We will use Rocky Mountain 3 Gun rules found at http://www.RM3G.com/Rules%20Mar11.pdf including the 2 division rules. In short, the rules are time plus target neutralized scoring, stage scores are normalized to 100 point to the stage winner, rifle is 308 Win or 30-06, 20 rounds only in all mags + 1 chambered, irons OR optics. Shotgun is 12guage pump only, 8 + 1 rounds at the buzzer. Pistol is any 45 caliber (or 44 Mag) 10 rounds only in mags + 1 chambered. See the website for complete rules. One other thing; for travel partners, family members, etc we will allow those who just don’t want to run the big guns to enter an all inclusive “wee-man” division. Tac Scope, Tac Irons, Open, Trooper, etc will all be grouped into one division called “wee-man“so the HeMan competitor does not have to travel alone. This must be coordinated with us.

This is our opportunity to all get together and compete without the distraction of the other divisions. If you don’t normally shoot HeMan division but have considered it, now is the time. We really want this concept to take hold but we need your participation! The number of people that have signed up to date is rather disappointing. We will have this match, but whether we do it again next year totally depends on the participation we get this year. Setting up a match like this takes tons of work, and if it turns out it just isn’t that popular, Denise and I will do something else with ourselves instead of doing all the planning, coordinating, sponsor contacting, stage designing, target repairing, and all the stuff that is necessary for one of our matches. Those of you that attended one of our “Johnson 3 Gun” matches in Pueblo Colorado know that we don’t do things halfway.

Please RSVP either way, we really need to get a feel for this and figure out if this effort is actually worth it. So here is your opportunity to Man-Up! Come and join us for a very cool match in the heart of the Rocky Mountains!

JJ & Denise Johnson

Johnson3gun@earthlink.net

http://home.earthlink.net/~johnson3gun

Just added Burris to our sponsors!

These companies have already stepped up to sponsor this new match! Thanks for taking a chance on us! :bow:

3-Gun Stuff, Brownells, Burris, Dillon, DPMS, Firebird Precision, JP Enterprises, Machine Gun Tours, Magpul already sent us a huge box of .308 mags, Nordic Components, Redding, Sierra, Spec Ops, StagArms already sent us a rifle, Truckvault, XS Sights!!!!

Thank-you, thank-you! Remember them when you're thinking of buying gun stuff!!! :bow:

:wub:

Denise

I just sent this out to a whole bunch of 3gunners by email, but I know there will be some that fall thru the cracks...

So please consider this your "official invite"! Forward it to all your 3 gun friends. Also, RSVPs either here or by email would be greatly appreciated so we can get a feel for whether we should continue this next year or not. For those of you who need to ask, the match is not quite 1/2 full. TIME TO MAN UP and shoot HEMAN! :lol:

Dear 3Gun Competitor,

You are receiving this email because I noticed you have competed in a 3gun match in one of the “heavy” divisions, or I just figured you might want to know about a new 3-gun match. Yea, I know, another 3-gun match. Bear with me and read on.

This is a major 3gun match for HEMAN only, called the HeMan Nationals! It will be held at the NRA Whittington Center in Raton New Mexico on June 2 and 3, 2012. We will have 2 divisions, Iron and scoped, in the natural terrain that we all love in Rocky Mountain 3-Gun style. We will use Rocky Mountain 3 Gun rules found at http://www.RM3G.com/Rules%20Mar11.pdf including the 2 division rules. In short, the rules are time plus target neutralized scoring, stage scores are normalized to 100 point to the stage winner, rifle is 308 Win or 30-06, 20 rounds only in all mags + 1 chambered, irons OR optics. Shotgun is 12guage pump only, 8 + 1 rounds at the buzzer. Pistol is any 45 caliber (or 44 Mag) 10 rounds only in mags + 1 chambered. See the website for complete rules. One other thing; for travel partners, family members, etc we will allow those who just don’t want to run the big guns to enter an all inclusive “wee-man” division. Tac Scope, Tac Irons, Open, Trooper, etc will all be grouped into one division called “wee-man“so the HeMan competitor does not have to travel alone. This must be coordinated with us.

This is our opportunity to all get together and compete without the distraction of the other divisions. If you don’t normally shoot HeMan division but have considered it, now is the time. We really want this concept to take hold but we need your participation! The number of people that have signed up to date is rather disappointing. We will have this match, but whether we do it again next year totally depends on the participation we get this year. Setting up a match like this takes tons of work, and if it turns out it just isn’t that popular, Denise and I will do something else with ourselves instead of doing all the planning, coordinating, sponsor contacting, stage designing, target repairing, and all the stuff that is necessary for one of our matches. Those of you that attended one of our “Johnson 3 Gun” matches in Pueblo Colorado know that we don’t do things halfway.

Please RSVP either way, we really need to get a feel for this and figure out if this effort is actually worth it. So here is your opportunity to Man-Up! Come and join us for a very cool match in the heart of the Rocky Mountains!

JJ & Denise Johnson

Johnson3gun@earthlink.net

http://home.earthlink.net/~johnson3gun

I wonder if the various 3 Gun Nation matches are having an effect on this? Particularly when Pat Kelley and West Chandler are needing to change divisions at Texas.

I kind of doubt it. What happens at HM Nats will have no bearing on 3GN scores. I didn't expect this new match to be full in 2 seconds either thou. Just getting out and shooting just big guns with your friends does have merit. Most if not all of the negitive replies I am getting are just bad timing reasons. Life does get in the way sometimes...

At any rate we are gonna make a memorable weekend of it! Wait till you see the shootoffs I have planned for sarurday afternoon!

jj

I kind of doubt it. What happens at HM Nats will have no bearing on 3GN scores. I didn't expect this new match to be full in 2 seconds either thou. Just getting out and shooting just big guns with your friends does have merit. Most if not all of the negitive replies I am getting are just bad timing reasons. Life does get in the way sometimes...

At any rate we are gonna make a memorable weekend of it! Wait till you see the shootoffs I have planned for sarurday afternoon!

jj

My thought had to do with the Semi Pro division more than the Pro. Shooting with friends that don't seen very often is the reason that I'm dragging out the M1A. I needed a pump shotgun anyway :roflol:

See you there!

Getting pretty excited!

We've got the seven stages planned...round counts out after we get back home.

But, He-Men need buckshot!!!! (Eddie would roll over in his grave if we didn't shoot at least a little buckshot at He-Man Nationals...and we wouldn't want that! :blush: )

We've got some very cool stages planned! :devil: We may have a little side match on Saturday after shooting that should be verrry interesting.

Going to bed now...have to set-up the last 3 stages for our local match tomorrow! I'm getting old and tired and have spent the last 3 days tromping around the Whittington Center looking for stages and waiting for the mountains to talk to JJ! :goof:

Denise

Well, here’s an update!

After tromping around the Whittington Center for a week, we have some great stages planned for you! :devil:

Stage 1 – Shotgun/Rifle – 16 rifle targets out to 300 or so yards, 12 birdshot targets and 3 slugs

Stage 2 – Rifle – Just 17 rifle targets out to over 400 yards :sight:

Stage 3 – 3-Gun – 12 rifle targets, 9 birdshot targets, 3 slugs and 12 pistol targets

Stage 4 – 6-Gun (3 of yours and 3 of ours) – 10 buckshot, 10 rifle and 10 pistol targets – your rifle out to 400 yards or more, the pick-up gun...900 yards

Stage 5 – Shotgun – Just 32 birdshot targets – flying, running, swinging, turning, flipping!!!!

Stage 6 – Shotgun/Pistol – 6 pistol paper, 4 slugs, 4 long pistol steel, 4 birdshot clays, 17 small steel optional birdshot/pistol

Stage 7 – Pistol/Rifle – 14 pistol targets, 14 rifle targets our to 400+ yards

So…in general, just 69 rifle targets (minimum 90 rounds with 2 on paper), 63 birdshot targets, 10 slugs, 10 buckshot, 46 pistol targets (minimum 68 rounds with 2 on paper) PLUS 17 optional pistol/birdshot

About, 258ish plus 10 pick-up gun rounds! Lot’s of rifle steel! :surprise:

You all need a rifle sling whether you are a He-Man or a wee-man!

We’re still looking for some RO’s! Free match, we’ll feed you sandwich lunches and dinners. Staff shoots May 31, June 1. We plan to be done shooting about 2:30 Sunday with awards by 4…but, the best laid plans of mice and men!

Feel free to e-mail us at: johnson3gun@earthlink.net

Apps and more information: http://home.earthlink.net/~johnson3gun/

We'de like to thank sponsors: The Anderson Family, Brownells, Burris, Dillon, DPMS, Ergo Grips, Firebird, Johnson Family, JP Enterprises, Machine Gun Tours, Magpul, Nordic Components, Redding, Sierra, Spec Ops, StagArms, Truckvault, and XS Sights

They've been very generous, so please support them when you need to buy more gun stuff! :cheers::bow:

It’s shaping up to be quite a lot of fun!

Denise (And so far, no cactus...at least not a full stage of them!) :blink: