Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

TS and Bayou Bullets

Suff

I've gotten a few 180 Bayou Bullets to try in my CTS40. In order to get the round to turn freely while in the barrel I am having to load down to 1.10 OAL. That seems real short compared to most loads I have read about. I assume the round is touching the rifling thus not letting it spin freely. I've always heard that was bad. Has anyone else tried this load in a TS?

The polygonal rifling in my Tanfo Limited tolerates them extremely well..there's almost nothing in the barrel.

Quick warning. The TS has polygonal rifling which generally do not like lead bullets. The barrel leads very, very quickly. Not sure what Bayou has to say about it.

The bayou bullets will work fine in poly rifling from what I've read and they are very clean. The problem you are having may be from the bullet diameter. The coating makes them not fit well and stick in my KKM barrel on my glock while I'm checking rounds. What I do now is run them through a lee sizer die for cast bullets and it squeezes them down a thousandth or so and they fit fine and cycle smoothly. Yeah it's a little more work, but they shoot the cleanest of all the coated bullets and don't smoke. I would get some MG's, but I'm trying real hard to squeeze every round I can get out of a dollar these days.

The TS has standard rifling. You will need to slug your barrel though to make sure you don't get leading. My barrel measured out to .401. As a result, I have to shoot cast bullets that are .402-.403, or I get severe leading. If your barrel is .400 you should be good with the Bayou bullets.