Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Sv Mag Jams When Fully Loaded

Mustang684

Hi Everyone. I'm a new Open Shooter using an SV IMM. I've been having problems with some new SV 170mm's that jam when loaded to 28 rounds of 38SC. I noted a rattle in the mag just before it locked up with 25 rounds in the tube. Taking it apart, I found a round jammed under the follower at the very bottom of the tube. I found some threads on this being a stage killer, but I'd like to know how do you fix this problem? Appreciate any advice.

Are the tubes tuned or stock?

Are you using stock springs and followers or aftermarket?

I have a feeling the round is passing the follower when the bullets get past the ribs on the sides of the tube. You'll most likely have to narrow this area down.

It has factory internals with the blue follower. The round did get caught between the rib and follower.

Yup. Some call that a salt shaker. You're going to have to extend the ribs down to keep the bullet on top of the follower or get an insert that sits in the basepad and extends up into the tube like the Arredondo.

Hello: Use Bolen follower and spring and that will solve your problems. Thanks, Eric

I had an sv mag tuned by Bolen (not glenn). He extended the ribs.

Not saying that switching the guts won't solve the issue. Just that there is a chance that it won't.

Sounds like Bolen is the way to go either way. Thanks for the advice Guys.

PM Eric, on how to make the Bolens follower work, I've not mastered that part yet, I've got several on the bench but wound up with grams guts in mine. With a Dawson SNL I get 30 9 majors in it non reloadable, 29 reloadable, and reliable.

There is also a trick to loading big sticks, there is a video on Hennings site.

http://henningshootsguns.com/tech/tech.tanfoglio.loadmag.html

Edited by CocoBolo

At 25 rounds the rounds are not near the panel transition at the bottom of the magazine.

Please send the magazine in to the factory and we will investigate the issue and repair or replace at no charge.

Infinity Firearms

3435 Roy Orr Blvd, Suite 200

Grand Prairie, TX 75050

800-928-1911

972-513-1911

972-513-0575 (fax)