Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

NEW OPEN GLOCK 17 SHOOTER NEEDS HELP

60crewman

The jacketed bullet might need more powder to make the same PF, but for 3gun there’s no PF so I wouldn’t worry too much about it. Definitely find a chrono though. If you were planning on shooting Pala tomorrow there might be a few folks with chronos (esp with Area2 coming up). If I’m shooting tomorrow I’ll have mine.

depending on the mount you may need to lower the ejection port, and you might want to bevel a few edges on the mount, a modified ejector might also help, can't say here where to buy one, PM me if you want to know. i run 11# spring, maybe clip a coil or two. my loads are either HS-6 or power Pistol and 121 Montana Gold bullets. i have had a mag or two with extensions give me problems, not all of my mags just a couple, but more feed than ejection.

The ejection port is lowered, I also installed a longer zev tech ejector and a non LCI extractor and 20% stiffer extractor spring i was shooting today and had about 4 FTE's out of 100 rds. the empty would be stuck sideways bullet hole facing up and out at about 45 degrees. Im going to the range right now and will try the mags without the extension. and also some remington 124gr hollow pts 6.6 auto comp 1.14-1.15 OAL. will see what happens. How often should i expect a FTE. I wonder what is considered normal....