III match to be entered as a classifier, the match director

must submit an Application for Level II or Level III

match with the “Results for Classification” check box

marked. Please note that there is no guarantee that the

overall results will be used. As a minimum requirement,

the results and competitor list will be reviewed at the

USPSA office to determine whether enough top shooters

completed the match and performed at a level high

enough to be considered a national standard.

If the match is determined to have satisfied all of the

requirements, the final score of the match may be entered

as a classification score for each shooter. Each division

is evaluated based on this criteria so it may be possible for

scores from one division to be used while the other

division is not.

So the way I interpret this, there is NO specific requirement for the number of GM's in a particular division for the match to be counted towards classification? Also, if the MD doesn't check the box as indicated it will not be used?

if in a level 2 or level 3 match, there are 3 GM's in a division, that division is counted as a classifier.

lynn

I may be wrong, but I believe that is more or less a rule of thumb. I looked a few months ago for this in actual black and white in the rules, and I couldn't find it.

Plus, the way I understand it, is, even if you have 3 GM's, if any/all of them don't finish with GM-like performances, the MD might not sumbit the results as a classifier. That is why I believe they put this in the rules as was quoted "and performed at a level high enough to be considered a national standard." Gives them wiggle room in case two GM's tank the match.

Edited by CZinSC

if in a level 2 or level 3 match, there are 3 GM's in a division, that division is counted as a classifier.

Almost right. Among the criteria the office looks at is whether or not there were at least 3 GMs who performed at a GM-level (i.e., a level that qualifies it as a national-standard-setting performance).

So... if there are 3 GMs in a division, but... two of them got beat by a B-class shooter, or they finished at 100%, 75%, 65%, or ... you get the idea.

The review at the office is a little bit subjective, but just the fact that there were 3 GM's in the match isn't enough, on its own, to get it counted as a classifier.

Sounds like magic to me. :lol:

On the other hand, as the quote goes "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." I just wish that technology was described in black and white somewhere.

Area 8 counted as a classifier in Limited for me.

There were 5 GMs, Travis T won, and the closest GM behind him was in the 87% range

Yeah, like I said, it's subjective. In a case like that, I'm willing to be that it was fairly easy for the Powers That Be at the office to decide that Travis's performance was a viable standard-setting 100%... and that he simply took the other GMs to school along the way.

Almost right. Among the criteria the office looks at is whether or not there were at least 3 GMs who performed at a GM-level (i.e., a level that qualifies it as a national-standard-setting performance).

So... if there are 3 GMs in a division, but... two of them got beat by a B-class shooter, or they finished at 100%, 75%, 65%, or ... you get the idea.

The review at the office is a little bit subjective, but just the fact that there were 3 GM's in the match isn't enough, on its own, to get it counted as a classifier.

Yeah... any ole GMs won't always cut it... but if Sevigny or Vogel are in your division... it's a pretty good guess that those will count!

On the other hand, as the quote goes "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." I just wish that technology was described in black and white somewhere.

'bout time you got a new member title... :)

'bout time you got a new member title... :)

LOL! Thanks, Flex! :lol: