Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

KIES Low Profile Adjustable Gas Block

Jesse Tischauser

Has anybody tried one of these KIES Low Profile Adjustable Gas Blocks? I just oredered one from Joe Bob Outfitters and it looks pretty sweet. It is super cheap too and Joe Bob shipped it to me next day!

Let me know if you have any experience with them. If not check back later for my feedback after I get this thing mounted and tested.

Here is a pic of the gas block.

KIESLowProfileAdjustableGasBlock.jpg

I would be interested in how it works also.

I do have a YHM low profile gas block that mounts with the 2 set screws. The YHM directions said to install/bed with loctite 620. I like the loctite idea because it seals the gas block to the barrel and will stay put independent of the set-screws. I wonder if loctite will stick to the Melonite finish?

David E.

If you had bothered to come by last night you could have seen one on My AR-10. It has been a great little gas block and the adjustment range is great. I can choke it down for suppressed and open it up for non suppressed and it never seems to get out of adjustment. I like mine! KurtM

Kurt,

how does the quality compare to a JP adjustable gas block?

Mick

If you had bothered to come by last night you could have seen one on My AR-10. It has been a great little gas block and the adjustment range is great. I can choke it down for suppressed and open it up for non suppressed and it never seems to get out of adjustment. I like mine! KurtM

Do you know if there is any chance of a screw clamp design?

Mick

We've got a couple of these on in-shop personal builds in 300BLK. They work well for tweaking the gas system, especially on something like the 300BLK. So far so good. They are very similar dimensionally to the YHM low pro gas block and functionality is great!

Ordered two if the Kies units posted last Friday and had them in the mail on Monday. Talk about FAST shipping.

These are nice units and I will be using them from now on.

Edited by bpipe95

linkHere's another one that looks pretty cool

These are pretty cool, but the price gets up there unfortunately. The owner of Syrac (I believe he was the founder of Adams Arms and then sold out his portion of the company) had contacted us regarding reselling them a while back. Has anyone seen any reports on them yet? Are they in full scale production yet?

Mick

We've got a couple of these on in-shop personal builds in 300BLK. They work well for tweaking the gas system, especially on something like the 300BLK. So far so good. They are very similar dimensionally to the YHM low pro gas block and functionality is great!

What is wrong with this set screw design?

It is super cheap too and Joe Bob shipped it to me next day!

OK, I just have to ask. I've never seen any kind of gas block with that low a price. How can they do that?

The YHM 9383 gas block has an MSRP of $22 which utilizes set screws as well but isn't adjustable. That's the cheapest gas block I am aware of, but I haven't searched extensively for it either.

The Kies adj gas block is nearly identicle in size to the YHM lo pro, and looks to be really similar as well to the Sadlak as well.

Edited by JoeBoboutfitters

Set screws don't hold the gas block in place as well/tightly as a clamp design....

Mick

Mick

What is wrong with this set screw design?

I used the YHM with setscrew for a little over a year installed with loctite 620 bearing retaining compound. Never loosened up.

I just installed one of these (KEIS) using loctite "sleeve retainer green 640" which is similar and available at most NAPA stores.

It is for high temperature slip/interference fit applications such as installing cylinder sleeves in an engine block. YHM used to have the instructions on line but removed them detailing the use of loctite. JP's website has instruction for installing a clamp on gas block and mentions loctite green as an optional step. My link

Has anyone had firsthand experience with one of these set-crew mount gas blocks moving? if so, how was it installed?

David E.

• 1 month later...