Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

tuned 930 vs FN MK 1

sdm74

I have not shot a 930 but I have shot a fn. What would be the comparison of a 930 tuned by a Gunsmith vs a FN with slight mods like opening port. I would think price wise those two would be close. If there is a thread on this already please point me to it.

thanks

Steve

I have not shot a 930 but I have shot a fn. What would be the comparison of a 930 tuned by a Gunsmith vs a FN with slight mods like opening port. I would think price wise those two would be close. If there is a thread on this already please point me to it.

thanks

Steve

Here is a LONG thread on the 930 and some FN stuff in there too...interesting and good reading...

http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=115843&hl=%20930%20%20slp&st=510

I've been thinking about this, too.

FN SLP MK1 - $1000

930 - $500 plus $150 (barrel) plus $100 (nordic mag tube) minus $100 sell old barrel = $650

I guess each might benefit from a couple hundred $$ into a trigger job, bolt release, loading port opening, etc, so that's a wash.

Is that a fair comparison?

Steve - if you're going to carry your shells on a chest rig, buy the Mossy, if not buy the FNH, lol. I got my FNH used for about $650, hard deal to find but they're out there sometimes. I'll keep my eye open. I know a few guys w/ 930's & they run good. Biggest disadvantage I see on them is the stock barrel doesn't have interchangeable (sp?) chokes.

PS: look how nice my 2's & 4's look on a web post

Biggest disadvantage I see on them is the stock barrel doesn't have interchangeable (sp?) chokes.

PS: look how nice my 2's & 4's look on a web post

I thought the 28" waterfowl model came with interchangeable accu chokes?

Does the factory 24" not come with chokes?

Saw this article when I googled the 930 vs the MK1 on The Truth About Guns website. The 930 actually seem to do better than the MK1 but it might be because they seemed to be using lower quality ammunition in the test. I am really curious to see some people's comments about this article since I am basically in the same debate as the poster of this thread.

http://thetruthaboutguns.com/2011/02/foghorn/stress-testing-semi-automatic-competition-shotguns/

Edited by Fenrir