Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

May

AikiDale

Well the month is half over. Or not half over. ;)

I could suggest a trivia question. Three TV Western stars used the 7.5" SAA pistol. Who were they?

Probably too easy. But we should do something?

AikiDale,

It must be a May thing, here’s last Mays conundrum and solution: http://www.brianenos.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=5968

Last year Vince very generously offered THIS as a source for the picture to be captioned, I’m guessing that a promise of beer will insure Vince’s cooperation this year too!

Whucha think? Worth a try?

Oh! Matt Dillon and Paladin, I'll have to think about the third.

Ed

Allright, since we're headed west, let's make it a two-parter - Whoever can post the answer to the following question in the same post with the answer to AkiDale's question will be the winner.

Now because it would be easy to research this question by simply watching the movie - I'm going to disallow any sort of research whatsoever. Meaning, you have to know the answer, maybe not word for word, but at least be fairly close. (And I haven't seen the movie in many years, but I always remember Chuck's line.)

What did Charles Bronson say to his Samurai captor after Bronson told him that (something like) sooner or later he'd have to fall asleep, and that's when he'd get (him or get) away. ?

So basically I'm saying that if you don't already know the answer to this you can't play (this month). UNLESS, no one knows, then we'll go with the first person who makes the best (fun) guess, combined with the correct answer to AkiDale's question.

If you can even understand this month's challenge, you should get some sort of prize...

;)

AAAAAARRRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!!!!

Damn! I can remember the NAME of the movie (I saw it only once and in the theater when it was released), I can tell WHEN it came out (+-a year), I can tell you Bronson’s characters name, the name of the female lead actress (think Bond, James Bond) and I can tell ANOTHER movie the Samurai was in but I CAN NOT REMEMBER the line!!! :(:(

AikiDale,

A couple more to add to your list; Cheyenne Bodie and Manolito (High Chaparral) and yes, I’m STILL thinking.

Ed

Ed,

I know I really narrowed it down, but since it's one of my favorite lines of all time, I thought we'd have some fun with it.

And of course we'll have a winner no matter what.

;)

I think the line was "You can have the sword when you pry it from my cold dead hands" :ph34r:

What...Bronson??? :mellow: Not Heston ?? Sorry back to the drawing board.....

• 2 weeks later...

man with no name (clint eastwood), Festus hegan (gunsmoke.)..and damn i cant remember that guy off streets of ladoreo :unsure:

."u have to sleep sometime and thats when i'll.........slip ma blade in you... :P

sheesh i cant remember bronson other than his death wishes :ph34r:

Well, considering this month's lack of enthusiasm, which could be because my question was worded incorrectly and therefore impossible to answer, or, maybe we've worn out the trivia thing for awhile - ??? (I know I have.) - this month's winner will be AkiDale. For initially asking a question no one could answer, and, at least quoting something by Bronson in Red Sun, in a pm -

(even though the line I was looking for was actually uttered by Mifune.) :o:o:o

Just so you know, but I am going to assume you already did; James Arness, Richard Boone and Andy Devine carried the big peacemakers.

Man, I've racked my brain and can not think of Bronson's line. I do remember Mifune killing the mosquito when Bronson tried to get away at night:

CB "Damn mosquitos!"

TM "One mosquito." Draw. Cut. "No Mosquito!"

Soooo, in answer to the "real" question, which I'm surprised no one even figured out what the real question was due to the often cryptic nature of the Trivia Forum -

What did Mifune say to Bronson after Bronson told him (something like) "Sooner or later you'll have to fall asleep, and that's when I'll get (you or get) away"?

"I slept while walking," was his emotionless answer. Man, talk about putting a damper on things...

Well anyway, at least I had fun with it.

;)

be

(pm me your address AkiDale, and let me know if you'd like something besides a book...)

Good call Brian! :)

Maybe for June we could have a question with a little broader appeal like, well I don’t know, what are the mating habits of the Tsetse Fly or what would “PS BF” look like written in Swahili. You know, something to involve more pople. :P:P

Ed