Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Dillon tray stacking

vluc

In this picture of a 550b, it shows the finished shell tray and an attached empty case storage for feeding. I've tried this and I can't get this to work. The front tray of empty brass pulls the back tray off unless it is more than half full. Can any of you clever-types give me a notion of what bracket I may be missing?

RL_550_cat_shot_m.jpg

If the empty case bin bracket is mounted correctly the bin should not even touch let alone effect the completed cartridge bin.

Brian

As I had no bracket but simply hung it off of the other bin, it would pull it! LOL! Did not look like there was another bracket.

Thanks. I already have the cartridge bin and bracket attached to the strong mount. Guess there is an additional one to support the front tray.

IIRC (don't have it in front of me), there are two brackets. the bracket for the bin for loaded rounds comes w/ the strong mount. The bracket for the empty case bin is an accessory. Are you sure you have both? Doesn't sound like it.

-rvb

Edited by rvb

I ordered the kit, may end up selling any extra parts.

I have one bracket, the usual for catching rounds off of the press and a few extra bins. Probably could have futzed around and made a bracket but easier to just order the right part. Weather getting cooler so it's time for a major reloading jag.

Do you have the optional Cartridge case bin/bracket?

The empty case bin goes on the the triangle. The finished round bin sits on the two pieces of metal under the chute.

12_11_2.jpg

That appears to be what I needed.