Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

IPSC vs TS

Suff

One of the changes was to the fixed rear sight from adjustables.

The safeties and sear block are different. The Tactical Sports has the "D" style tumbler and the IPSC Standard is a round style. The magazine capacity is 16 in an IPSC Standard vs. 1 in a TS, and as mentioned...the sights. So far I haven't found anything else.

I had a TS and a friend and former CZ factory shooter let me shoot his IPSC, the major thing that I noticed is the IPSC did not have as much forward weight. So if you are thinking CTS the IPSC might be a better choice. These are great guns, the only thing I didn't like is having to load at 1.140 and run Jacketed bullets.

Cocobolo, the TS doesn't like cast bullets?

None of my CZ's or Sigs will shoot Moly coated bullets without out a lot of build up, my STI's and my Caspain no problem. I've been using BayouBullets in my CZ's and Sigs and they work fine, accurate, fast, and the gun is cleaner after shooting them than before, plus they don't smoke. I switched from 185gr Precison Moly to 180gr BayouBullets in Limited and I like them a lot. There is a good chance they would work in the TS, I sold mine a couple years ago, when I went 2011 platform, also sold the GoldTeam etc.

If you do shoot them just wrap a piece of copper chore boy around a bore brush and it will take it right out. It is way easy to ruin a barrel with chemicals, don't use Peroxied and Vinegar in a CZ barrel it will pit it in a matter of minutes. If you need a CZ TS barrel in 40 I have one, its a bit pitted but otherwise in good shape. You can use a little flitz to smooth the inside of a barrel and it won't build up as bad or not at all.