Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

September 3-gun at CCC

The stages for the September 24th & 25th 3-gun match at CCCShooters are available at this link...

September 3-gun at CCC

We have opened another new range and I hope you find it fun and challenging.

Weather should be great this weekend, cool and less dusty.

If you never get the chance to shoot long range and think you would like to shoot our match, I would be glad to give you the opportunity to experience some long range shooting before the match if you will PM me with your name and phone number.

FredQ

• 2 weeks later...

The scores are posted for the Sept. match at cccshooters.com for day 1 of our 2 day format.

Thanks to everyone that came out for the Saturday match.

We will shoot the same match Sunday and the weather should be great then also.

FredQ

The scores are posted for the Sept. match at cccshooters.com for day 1 of our 2 day format.

Thanks to everyone that came out for the Saturday match.

We will shoot the same match Sunday and the weather should be great then also.

FredQ

Looks like a tight race for second place there. Nobody even got close to Trip. He must have rocked the long range stage.

Deceptive, as he didnt actually. he just consistantly shot well through all 4 stages, usually besting us by 20 to 30 sec after raw + penalties. I did see him go to war on several individual targets, and then take the next further one out in a single shot.

note to self: dial in correct elevation next time. <_<

I'd held off on going to this match the past few months for several different reasons, one of which was past reports of how the stages were set up. Today, I'm glad to report that I didn't really find the kind of action that I'd heard about in previous matches, everything just pretty straight forward, and run and scored pleasantly. Not a whole lot of ways to game stages, just get up there and deliver. No hoser anything really, and IIRC only one rifle target under 100 yards, everything else from 100+ to damn near 500, and a lot of it. Just as much of a rifle match as Rocky Mountain, just condensed down some (and about 6500 feet lower, thank God). This is not in any way one of your typical matches set up in bays with batches of targets in contact distance. No sir, its fairly real shooting out in the countryside, on top of hills and from around trees, running up and down hills and valleys and negotiating terrain while managing your weapons. Some fairly aerobic running distances, some odd rifle positions to get into and out of, but I didn't mind really. I more got out of it a sense of what I needed to come back home and work on, which is what club matches should be about in my opinion.

I plan on coming back.

Another fun match on a unique range. Like Ken mentioned, no bays per se, rolling countryside, SHADE, and yesterday at least-no wind and great temps.

The match director asks for critique every month and makes this match better each trip with competitors input. Great job Fred!

See you next month, Alan C

Final scores are posted.

Thanks to all the shooters this weekend. Great weather on Saturday but warm and very windy Sunday but that did not prevent some great scores today.

Congrats to Trip, Preston and Ken for the top three finish.

We had a great time, nice meeting the new shooters.

Feedback helps us provide a better shooting experience so bring it on.

FredQ

Fred, thanks again for a great match. That was my son's first ever 3-gun and he had a blast. You made him feel right at home and gave him (and me) some good advice. He is already talking about the next one. That 20 plus mph crosswind at the last stage really had me hurting on the 480 yd target.

Only feedback is that my son and I really had a hard time seeing some of those closer targets on the ridge shooting thru the barrels and the ones on the left when we were shooting thru the car window. Maybe paint them again during the match. If I am there I would be happy to go down and throw some paint on them. They tended to blend in with the grass. I still hate that spinner. That is my goal to get it around.

gerritm

Fred, thanks again for a great match. That was my son's first ever 3-gun and he had a blast. You made him feel right at home and gave him (and me) some good advice. He is already talking about the next one. That 20 plus mph crosswind at the last stage really had me hurting on the 480 yd target.

Only feedback is that my son and I really had a hard time seeing some of those closer targets on the ridge shooting thru the barrels and the ones on the left when we were shooting thru the car window. Maybe paint them again during the match. If I am there I would be happy to go down and throw some paint on them. They tended to blend in with the grass. I still hate that spinner. That is my goal to get it around.

gerritm

Many thanks to Fred and Bruce for a great match. This kind of shooting is what develops efficient riflemen. Each month everyone gets better at the long range targets. In July at least half the field timed out on the long range targets. Yesterday we had a much better average. Same shooters developing a new skill set. I'm willing to bet that this kind of extended range rifle work will translate into faster times on hoser style matches. Also anyone that shoots in wind like we had Sunday has gained a knowledge that few of us will ever get to experience under stress.