Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Please recommend a Glock online gunsmith

TDinMT

Hello all.

I am looking for an online source to buy a Glock where I can also get some custom work done like a trigger job and new sights. I am looking for something similar to what Powder River Precision or Springer Precision provide for the XDm platform, a place with options for upgrades and someone who can put it together for me. I am shooting production so someone with experience in USPSA who can help me stay on the right track with legal upgrades would be a bonus as well.

Thanks for any advice or guidance.

The beauty of the Glock is that it's all DIY stuff unless you are milling slides etc. Vanek triggers are made to drop in and replace the stock unit and are as good as it gets for a Glock trigger job. Drop in a lengthened and lightened striker and a 13 lb recoil spring and you have a "custom" production ready Glock.

I agree with all of the above members. The only thing that was done to my Glocks by anyone other than me was having an aftermarket barrel reamed to makie sure my reloads would chamber. There are some really good books and videos available on DIY for Glocks. Even the factory Glock Armorer's Course is only 8 hours, and the books and video?DVD's cover more than they cover.

Glocks are simple to work on. If you get dawson sights, they include the tool to install them. The vanek and glocktriggers.com triggers are both top notch and drop right in. I have the vanek in a limited glock and the glocktriggers in my production one. I added a jager striker to both and they make a good trigger feel even better and crisper. When you order a trigger, just call and ask for the production legal one. Both charlie vanek and jeff wilson (glock triggers) are easy to talk to and can explain their triggers to you. On the grip, I would try the griptape first then if you want to shoot IDPA it is SSP legal. A 3/32 pin punch is all you need to detail strip the glock.

Hello all.

I am looking for an online source to buy a Glock where I can also get some custom work done like a trigger job and new sights. I am looking for something similar to what Powder River Precision or Springer Precision provide for the XDm platform, a place with options for upgrades and someone who can put it together for me. I am shooting production so someone with experience in USPSA who can help me stay on the right track with legal upgrades would be a bonus as well.

Thanks for any advice or guidance.

Look up Matt Cheely on here. He does what you're talking about.

Thanks for the info. I hadn't thought about doing the work myself but it sounds like it wouldn't be too tough and it would be a great way to learn about the pistol in case anything ever goes wrong.

There is great value in DIY for this exact reason - when something goes wrong, you know your gun well enough to diagnose what the problem(s) could be. Knowing nothing about your gun and only relying on shipping it to someone else to fix is a recipe for future disaster.