Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Does anyone here have a "canned" safety speech/briefing

Chills1994

Hi all,

Yes, just like the title and sub-title says.

For my next local match(es?), I am going to have to give a safety briefing. I am just wondering if ya'll have something already typed up in word or in a .pdf that I could just outright borrow, or maybe use as a springboard to write up my own.

Also, for our safety area(s?) in addition to having a sign that denotes it as a safety areas(?), I was thinking of adding some additional signage that says something like "No loaded magazines can be out, no handling of loaded ammunition, empty mags are okay".

What do you think?

Thanks!

:cheers:

Assuming you are speaking of the quick briefing the MD gives before the match, here is what we use:

THIS IS A COLD RANGE, there is to be no gun handling anywhere except under the direct supervision of a range officer or at the designated safety area. No ammo may be handled in the safety area. A match DQ will result from handling ammo in the safety area.

SAFETY: Most of the stages here are freestyle. We try very hard to not give you an opportunity to break the 180, but nothing is ever going to be 100%, so watch yourself. Same goes for keeping your rounds on the range – if you launch one over a berm you’ll earn yourself a match DQ.