Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Online Golf Game

Vince Pinto

This game is kinda fun, but the "windmill" hole is a bummer

After four holes in one, including the “windmill” hole, I thought I was unstoppable! That is until the last hole, ELEVEN OVER PAR!!! :o:o

Sounds like my shooting, lately. :(

Ed

We used to play this alot as a departmental competition and my best score was 19 shots, hole 8 cost a perfect score, I'll see if I can dig up the screenshot of my score card. B)

Skywalker is right some good pool knowledge will help in the quest for 18 shots.

19 shots! Youch. I can't seem to beat 31...and I got lucky on a couple there... :)

I managed to discover that if you change the size of your browser window, you can get more velocity on the ball as the course shrinks.

- Gabe

We used to play this alot as a departmental competition and my best score was 19 shots, hole 8 cost a perfect score, I'll see if I can dig up the screenshot of my score card. B)

Skywalker is right some good pool knowledge will help in the quest for 18 shots.

Ok, if you can hole in 1 17 you are a GOD at this game.

There is a trick for all holes, I'm certain 18 is possible, just have to find out how to get more juice on 8... 17 place the ball in the bottom back corner and full power about 45 degrees up to the right...with some luck it will dropp in the hole.

I have start playing again...

I use the arrows to remember starting pos. I don't know how to ad the screen shot so here is an explanation.

For hole 4 - you start in the upper front corner. the leading yellor aiming dot (6th)should cover arrow 15/6. 15th row from the starting box 6th arrow from the top.

If correct it will bounce arond abit and finally fall in the hole... good luck

Thank you, sir!

Well, if I could put together a consistent game (have the same problem shooting), I could get an 18 (I've managed a hole-in-one on all holes).

The way to play 8 is this:

Place ball in lower right hand corner. You then need to be able to count grass squares. On the left there's about half a square... count that as one. Go to the edge of the 7th (the greener edge, not the lighter one) and place the tail/handle of the putter in line with that and on the black border of the barrier. HOLE-IN-ONE!

Also, I had the trick on 17 (place either the 3rd or fourth dot at the white/gray intersection on the 4th or 5th stone w/ Dalmas' placement), but it doesn't seem to be working for me now (got it working again... 4th dot on the corner of the 5th stone where the white intersects gray [upper left hand corner]... needs to be just touching). Only thing I need to figure out now ('cause I'll never be able to time the thing) is what placement and angle is necessary on 13 to get a hole-in-one going through one of the side "ports."

Ah... it's the little things in life. B)

Here's my best:

Miniputt22-2.jpg

Edited by 300lbGorilla

An exercise in counting grass panels: how many do you see on the final screen (only interested in L to R). I count 31 and a partial (on the left)... that'd be 32.

Ever closer:

Miniputt21.jpg

Edited by 300lbGorilla

great shooting!! I found the x-tra power i need on 8. making the screen smaller and the just wider gave me the x-tra juice needed. I just shot 19...goofed on 14. 18 is just around the corner...

yeah that's why I quit at 19 before, just couldn't find out how easy it was to find the extra power needed on 8... once you find the tricks it's all about remembering where to place the dots on the triangles...

I find that the "windmill" stage is a crap shoot - a lot depends on luck.

However I've never had a hole-in-on on 17 and I'll be damned if I can figure out how you guys did it ......... any clues? :huh:

I've had a few hole-in-one hits on 17. My method is to place the ball all the way right, and all the way down, then pull the putter all the way back to the lower-left corner of the screen. The ball will bounce from rail to rail about a zillion times...give it lots of umph.

13 (windmill stage): place ball in upper left hand corner. Aim towards right port... you want your dots to be almost in line with the edge of the port (you'll notice the bottom edges of the port look kind of like this: \ / ). Obviously, err on the side of caution and if you think it's too far off, move it one "step" (the dots don't move fluidly, they move in steps, just like your mouse) so that you're more in the port. Get as much power on it as you can; you'll almost be off the bottom of the screen. It'll go through, bounce up towards the right corner, rebound to behind the windmill house and bounce into the hole. Obviously it'll take a couple tries to get the dot placement right.

18: place ball in lower left hand corner. You want the fourth dot to be JUST TOUCHING the corner of the 5th stepping stone where the white and gray intersect. The ball will go past the hole into the upper corner and bounce into the hole.

HTH.

Actually I'm wasting valuable paper-writing time. End of a 20-unit, 5-class quarter—not many hours available to spend on it. Just use it as an extra 4 or 5 minute distraction when there's only about 10 minutes of reading on the forum. ;)

• 2 weeks later...