Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

appropriated banquet dress

walter hornby

Planning an event takes a ton of work, and clearly an opening ceremony is secondary to a well-run match. If time and money are scarce, then they should be spent on the actual match - I think everyone would agree with that.

However, I must say it was strange to see how late the awards ceremony was running. It was well over an hour late getting started when I took off. Congrats to the winners, and I hope the prize table was worth it for anyone who stuck around.

Maybe the solution is to have people volunteer to run the awards ceremony? I'm sure there are some competitors and / or their significant others who would enjoy it, and it would take some of the load off the already overly-taxed match staff.

Are you talking about this year? It started 30 minutes late. Right about 8:30 PM. A record I think. The prize table was also a lot more smooth with everyone staying in the main room with the sound system until called.

That said, there was a conflict in some of the information posted. Some said it started at 7, some at 8. They announced it for my squad at least that it was going at 8.

From the uspsa.org nationals website:

"Match Schedule:

Open, Limited 10 and Revolver Nationals

Friday -- Sept.16 from 1-6PM -- Registration at match hotel

Range opens at 1PM

Saturday -- Sept.17 @ 8AM -- Competition begins

Sept.17-20 -- Competition 8AM-5PM -- 1/2 day squadding

Match ends with last shot fired Sept. 20

Tuesday -- Sept.20 @ 7PM Awards and Prizes at match hotel"

From the online confirmation letter:

"September 20 @ 7PM: Awards ceremony and prize distribution at the match hotel."

It doesn't look like there was a conflict - all the official information said 7:00. If it started at 8:30 that's an hour and a half late.