Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Techware magwell

RDunn

Techwells are great.

+1

I've got the SP on a .45 and love it. I just put a TGO on a 9mm. Haven't used the TGO yet, assume it will work fine, I think it looks a little better than the SP. I do wish there were a few more grip options, or an available template for cutting your own. I have cut 4 sets of grips for them, 2 of them actually fit

Installed a DP ice magwell on mine and my chip match grade magazine with pads are "swallowed" when inserting. Thinking of changing it with SA or techwell.can any of you guys post a pic with your magazine inserted just so that i'll have an idea?thanks

Installed a DP ice magwell on mine and my chip match grade magazine with pads are "swallowed" when inserting. Thinking of changing it with SA or techwell.can any of you guys post a pic with your magazine inserted just so that i'll have an idea?thanks

I have the biggest TechWell and it swollow the mags. I use a .65 base pad and am thinking of getting the smaller mag well. By the way in a cold climate the grips are like grabbing a ice cube.

i took two pics. the first with the mag next to the pistol. it is a tripp research mag with stock basepad. the next pic is of it inserted in the gun. you can see with the sp magwell it doesnt swallow the mag at all.the whole bottom half of the basepad still stick out of the bottom. the sp is the best basepad i have had on a pistol.

2w53kn7.jpg

2nasccz.jpg

I have the SP model, and used Victor's DIY for a pair of G10 grips I already had. The first side took and hour, less than 15 min for the other.

Previously I was using a S&A magwell, and I do prefer the Techwell. The SP gives you a huge hole to hit in comparison. I'm using 47DE mags, which are a little overkill for the SP, but at least I can't blame a fail-to-seat botched reload on equipment. Just grind 1/8" off the front half of the basepad and it'll fit the USPSA and IDPA boxes.

Cocobolo-which tech is the biggest?so that I'll know which one to avoid just in case I buy one.

RDunn -Thanks for posting your pics!

VictorR-thanks for your link.I am really considering buying a techwell now seeing that I'll be able to use my rubber grip that I love(palm swell).

XT is the biggest, and ETM's do work (any mag I've tried so far) with the SP and XT.

When cutting your own grips, you have to make sure that you cut in the right spot to place the magwell in the right spot front to back on the frame. On some mags with metal fixed base plates I have the base plate is too long, and I had to open up the magwell opening, or grind down the metal base plate on the mag.