Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Aftermarket extended Bolt releases - Which do you like and why?

THellURider

I have all three Nordic makes two types I like the one that does Not let the bolt release roll or spin. I managed to get aggressive with the bolt slap at two events and pushed the BR -In past- the normal position . this caused the bolt to jamb up as it came back into the slot.

the bolt release that has the ledge like the new Nordic and the Briley will not let the BR roll or getr over div-en in past the proper place

I drilled out the Briley to make it little liter the Nordic gets the nod as it is hollowed out real good

We should post the weight of the BR too

Hey Jamie he said bolt RELEASE you know the little button that sticks through the side of the receiver that enables you to close the bolt when it is locked to the rear? I can assure you they neither spin, nor roll as they have a roll pin that holds them in place.

For what it is worth I don't like any of the ones mentioned and make my own which is somewhat like the one from Dave's Metal Works. KurtM

Hey Jamie he said bolt RELEASE you know the little button that sticks through the side of the receiver that enables you to close the bolt when it is locked to the rear? I can assure you they neither spin, nor roll as they have a roll pin that holds them in place.

For what it is worth I don't like any of the ones mentioned and make my own which is somewhat like the one from Dave's Metal Works. KurtM

DezlexiA strikes again :blush:

DMW lever . . . no need to drill & tap.

Lower profile so less of a chance to snag when you pull it out of the bag or case.

lower cost

can be installed with out modifacation to the OEM bolt release (allows for swaping and no going back to the shop to drill & tap.)

Just my opinion.

DMW lever . . . no need to drill & tap.

Lower profile so less of a chance to snag when you pull it out of the bag or case.

lower cost can be installed with out modifacation to the OEM bolt release (allows for swaping and no going back to the shop to drill & tap.)

Just my opinion.

+1

I've used mine for a couple of years now through quite a few matches with no issues.