Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Thumb Rests Revisited

Sarge

Well, after only a few months with the Open gun I am looking for a rest for my left thumb. It tends to hang out and flap in the breeze when I shoot.

I dug up the old threads but they might be a little dated unless I missed some newer ones. I'm slightly intrigued by the DAA Adjustable but read a post or two about it coming loose or moving sometimes.

Anybody got an opinion on it or on any other model out there currently?

Thanks

Darren: I bet you could sell a bunch of them (count me as your 1st customer) - love the design & profile - I'll buy the one for a Lefty today - would look great on my new Open I'm having built :rolleyes:

I've been tossing around the idea of mass producing them. I've made a handful for friends.

I have one for a right-handed shooter available immediately ...would have to make another for a lefty (the one in the picture went to Jordan Ohlmann) but it wouldn't take very long.

If you're serious about it, send me a PM.

Thanks,

Darren

PS: The long one in the back was a special thumbrest for my dad's gun - he has a serendipity. You're probably aware that if you over-tighten the screws on a serendipty, you can crack the plastic. We figured that doing a "sandwich" clamp on the serendipty would prevent the cracking..and better yet, kill two birds with one stone by making it a thumbrest.

Edited by ExtremeShot

I have a *thumb rest [generic]*. love it. big part of what i love about it is because it had multiple mounting holes so you can adjust the for you thumb length.

its solid... cant say enough about it. i am building a second open gun and I am putting another one on it as well.