Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Benelli

chp5

I bought a new M1S90 from an authorized dealer. I put an extended tube on it and, as a result, had to put a new stock on it (non-pistol grip).

The M1 NEVER patterned correctly and was about a foot off at 12 yards. My local smith looked at it, I tried different chokes and I had 6-8 people shoot it to make sure it wasn't my fault.

I sent it back to Benelli and they refused to do anything and blamed it on the aftermarket stock. I spoke to Benelli USA and wrote letters. Benelli essentially told me to jump in the lake.

I had to put it on consignment at a store and sell it.

This is the worst customer service I've ever received. I run my own business so I don't have time to take the matter "to the mat" (it would cost me more $ in my time than to take months trying to work it out).

My advice is DON'T EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM BENELLI!!!!! THEY SUCK!!

If you do want a Benelli, find one used and don't give those clowns any of your $$!

I know that this doesn't help you now, but it may help someone in the same predicament. I'm betting that the seat in the barrel that the choke tube rides on either had a burr or was plain crooked. I had a burr on my Beretta and couldn't figure it out for the life of me until I scraped the seat with a dowel and found the burr. It doesn't take much.

BTW, all Benellis are perfect. Just ask Benelli.

Love the product, hate the service.

I had a similar response from Benelli about a crooked front sight.

They wanted the whole gun, so they could estimate the repair cost.

WTF ???

It came like that from the factory...

You want me to pay for what ?

Perfect my A$$...

Travis F.

I have both a M3S90 and a few Remingtons and prefeer/shoot the Rem's. I had a good friend who bought into the Benelli hype and was happy until he had a part break and went crazy trying to get it fixed. When he couldn't get it fixed to his satisfaction he then tried to get the part to fix it himself. After having his M1S90 out of comission for close to 6 months he finally got it fixed and sold it immediatly. He said anything that was that hard to get fixed was not worth owning no matter how good it was supposed to be.

Neal in AZ

I can enhance this rant. I had a Benelli bolt (we would call it a carrier) that rounded out the locking cam surface. They said send it in. I did under my own name instead of the shop I was working in as it was My personal gun. I was informed that they did have a bad bach of heat treating, and would replace it no problem. They kept it for 3 months, and then called to say they needed the whole thing so they could head space it correctly; they don't work that way and it has nothing to do with head space. This went back and forth and the upshot was they sent the bolt back with no replacement, even though they fully admited it was faulty!

Mean while back at corporate headquarter in Ga. they were changing over thier customer service computer program. For some strange reason they were using My info in the program template, just to prove the system you know! Well My info stayed in the program. Any time a shop or person sent them a warranty or repair, and didn't fill in the correct info mine would be supplied. For the next 3 YEARS, I would get all sorts of calls about payments being due for repair work, asking where to send the repaired gun, And a few "cough up the dough or we sell it for the repair costs". I kept after them about this small problem, but they just never seemed to "fix" this minor glitch. I finally started to get "creative" in responses to some of these nasty calls. Answering for some of the bigger shops tended to be fun, and I am sure some of the GMs at some of these big shops got rather mad at Benelli for their rather abrupt dealings with them when unbenounced to the GMs the chain had already been pulled, so to speak. Suddenly Benelli couldn't do enough for me to "correct" this minor glitch. I of course always informed these shops that I had been mistakenly contacted by the big B and they should call them to straighten it all out ( never supplied my name though). I haven't had a call from Benelli in about 2 years now and life is good, oh yea, since Brownells started selling Benelli parts, I haven't had to deal with them at all. Even better!! By the way Berretta now owns Benelli but I don't think that will help with the customer service thing. THEY PLAIN SUCK!!

:angry::angry::angry: KURTM

One other quick thought, since I am once agian steamed about all this, is that I am sure they think Thier guns are perfect and never break because people probably listen to thier gunsmith who say, yea you could send it in but it would take forever and you will probable have to end up paying for it anyway.....why don't I just get the parts from Brownells. Brownells wins and Benelli never sees f#$%#$ed up guns. KURTM

• 1 month later...

I have 2 M1S90s, both of them purchased used. Thousands of rounds through them later, and not one problem. When I bought my first one, it had no owners manual or instruction book. Called up HK (the then Benelli importer) in VA and they sent me overnight an owners manual.