Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

$28 Bullet Feeder for any progressive press

Anyone can buy just the feeder. Without a collator all your saving is your fingers. He wouldn't have to fill it through the skylight if he had the Lee turret for their bullet feeder but it would be just as slow as what he has now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Anyone can buy just the feeder. Without a collator all your saving is your fingers. He wouldn't have to fill it through the skylight if he had the Lee turret for their bullet feeder but it would be just as slow as what he has now.

Just as slow? how long does it take to refill primers and load up another tube? He dosent fill it, he switches tubes like he said in the post"i keep6 tubes handy".

I will fill tubes (10) while sitting and watching tv, seems like a good time to load them so I dont have to take time while loading. (actually the gf has been loading them and primer tubes lately lol). Not a collator but doesnt cost what a collator does either.

• 2 weeks later...

I"m with jmorris, what's the point? You still have to take time to fill the tubes. So what if you do it watching TV, at some point you have to stop and change tubes, THAT is wasted time. There is NO saved time in my book. Just a wasted gadget without a collator.

• 2 weeks later...

I"m with jmorris, what's the point? You still have to take time to fill the tubes. So what if you do it watching TV, at some point you have to stop and change tubes, THAT is wasted time. There is NO saved time in my book. Just a wasted gadget without a collator.

Unless you have auto primer filler, you have to stop to fill the primer mag anyways,as well as filling your primer tubes in the first place. For 30$, this makes loading one step simpler. I've loaded 1k rounds of 9mm BBI's and this die/tube system so far and I'm not sure how someone could think that place a case,pull the handle,place a case,pull the handle, is the same as place a case, place a bullet, pull the handle,place a case, place a bullet, pull the handle. Is buying a case feeder a waste too? I mean, your gonna have to fill that bucket up again at sometime.

I use the tube/die system on my Hornady LNL and love it. I load up my tubes while watching a movie or old Dr. Who episodes and when I am loading it frees my left hand to fix other issues if they come up. Makes the loading process much faster and allows me to focus my attention on the cases just after the powder station.

Tried this on my 650, could not get it to reliably work, and it really did not give me any speed improvements over manual. YMMV.

IF you could not get it to work correctly it will def. not be any faster then manual, but it is a def. boost in speed when working correctly. I also get hand/finger cramps when feeding both bullets and cases manualy which I do not get when feeding bullets with the die and tubes.