Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

SP01 Shadow v. 75 Shadow T-quick question

Racer377

I've done a search and pored over the CZ-custom site and not found a definitive answer. The only difference I'm seeing is the adjustable sight on the T, and one less magazine. (aside from the obvious dustcover difference)

Is that it? What am I missing?

T- stands for Two Tone, there is 75 Shadow that is all black.

75 Shadow is built on 75SA frame and uses slightly different looking from SP-01 slide; it says 'CZ 75 Shadow' as opposed to 'CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow'..

If you compare 75 Shadow with factory stock SP-01 Shadow, then all 75 Shadows also come with Comp hammer, re-sprung, extended firing pin etc, read the description:

http://www.cz-usa.com/products/view/75shadowT. 'T' seems to come with rubber grips as opposed to 75 Shadow in black comes with plastic panels.

The "T" is for the adjustable rear sight (black or duo-tone).

The difference in the SP01 and 75 shadow is in the frame. Obviously no dustcover on the 75 but the beavertail is more upswept on the SP01 and the trigger is undercut. Other than that they are the same gun just a little less wight.

SP01 Shadow is a just an improved SP01. no firing pin block, better sights, ext mag release, drop free mag brake, 85C trigger, 3 mags

SP01 Shadow is made by CZUB

SP01 Shadow Custom is improved version of above. CZC hammer, CZC sights, reliability work.

SP01 Shadow Custom is made by CZ Custom

75 Shadow is essentially an improve 75B, Uses 75SA frame, SP01 Shadow style slide with new rollmark, no firing pin block, CZC hammer ext mag release, extend firing pin, 85C trigger drop free mag brake, reduced weight springs.

75 Shadow is made by CZ Custom

CZ-USA designates the Shadow as the competition/target series of CZ guns

T designates Target for an adjustable rear.

Edited by eerw

so the this:

"SP01 Shadow is fitted with a newly redesigned hammer originating from the CZ 75 Champion. This hammer is slightly wider and has modified sear engagement for smoother release and more positive ignition" is not the same as the competition hammer?

Those hammers are not the same, and you can see the difference in their shapes. I've read that there is a slight weight difference. However, in the hands of CZ experts, the performance of these hammers are comparable -- at least that's what I have heard.

so the this:

"SP01 Shadow is fitted with a newly redesigned hammer originating from the CZ 75 Champion. This hammer is slightly wider and has modified sear engagement for smoother release and more positive ignition" is not the same as the competition hammer?

justaute and eerw, thanks!

I hadn't noticed the rounder hammer on the SP01 Shadow in the pics, thanks for pointing that out!!

(btw, justaute.....is that Shadow T you had in the classified still available????)