Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Props to Springer Precision

Standby!

Just wanted throw out a plug for Springer Precision, I sent them my XD 9 Tac for some trigger work, and stippling. The trigger came back a different trigger..in a good way! No more excessive pre-travel and the post travel is non existent. The reset has improved tremendously as well. The stippling job is top shelf as well...I sent them a mess, and they pulled it off... with flying colors. I would not hesitate to use Springer precision again. The pistol was completed in a timely manner, and I was given exactly what I asked for. What more could I ask for?

Two thumbs way up!!

cheers.gif

They did a very nice trigger job, action job, and sight install etc on my XDM 9 production gun. I am extremely pleased and would recommend them to everyone. I am going to purchase a roll pin starter punch from them soon. Now it comes standard with their punch set, but I purchased my set before that :(

They did a very nice trigger job, action job, and sight install etc on my XDM 9 production gun. I am extremely pleased and would recommend them to everyone. I am going to purchase a roll pin starter punch from them soon. Now it comes standard with their punch set, but I purchased my set before that :(

I sent mine in with a wonky striker pin..I didn't mention it..but it came back with a new one in it! :cheers:

I recently purchased my XDM 5.25 form Springer Precision. Mostly because they had the gun in stock, but it was nice to receive the gun with some work already performed. They did a great job on the mods and they were quick! The trigger is fantastic and the stippling job is really first rate.

Absolutely recommended!

I've bought 4 XD's or XDm's from Scott at Springer Precision.

2 with Carry triggers and 2 with competition triggers, and a few other tweaks.

I can't complement Scott and his crew enough. They do great work and do it promptly.

You just can't go wrong dealing with them.

Bill

I just placed an order for a new XDm 5.25 from Springer Precision.

2.5# trigger job, Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight, grip stippling and an IDPA legal extended mag release button. I can't wait to get this rascal.

Great customer service :cheers:

Paul

Edited by Paul Burtchell

2.5# trigger job, Dawson Precision fiber optic front sight, grip stippling and an IDPA legal extended mag release button. I can't wait to get this rascal.

Paul

I have no doubt you will love it! Congrats!

Paul

I just picked it up from my FFL . Absolutely, without a doubt, the best trigger job I have ever felt on any polymer pistol and better than most custom 1911 trigger jobs. Un- freakin'-believable. :goof: Stippling looks first class and feels great.

I'm taking it to the range after work.

Kudos to Springer Precision. :cheers:

Paul

I just picked it up from my FFL . Absolutely, without a doubt, the best trigger job I have ever felt on any polymer pistol and better than most custom 1911 trigger jobs. Un- freakin'-believable. :goof: Stippling looks first class and feels great.

I had the same reaction when mine came back!!! :surprise::bow::cheers:

I have used Scott at Springer for all of my XD Competition and one Carry guns. He has done a great job on all of them and in a timely manner which is important to me-means I get to shoot it sooner. My impressions regarding the XDm 5.25 9mm which I received yesterday: Trigger: a little bit too stiff-estimate it at 5-6 lbs-will get it down to about 3.5/3.75. Going to reset after a shot is a little long-I like a short reset. Pre-Travel is about right. Over-Travel is too long resulting in the long reset so will have to eliminate the over-travel. Not gonna get used to the front red fo sight-never have liked them--going to a .100 black serrated from DP. Before I send it off to Scott am going to shoot it in a USPSA match Saturday (Limited) and a CCW match on Sunday-will follow up with a report afterwards.

So, will you be shooting it on Sunday?

Hey Jerry,

I'm shooting it Saturday at the IDPA match in Cove. I'm not shooting the State match on Sunday. All funds going to our Hawaiian cruise. Leaving on the 17th.

I shot 50 rounds thru it tonight. Zero malfunctions. Zeroed the sights. I placed a 2" diameter red dot paster on a target at 25 yds.Shot a 5 shot group. I had 3 rounds touching, in the red and 2 slightly below the red dot. Less than a 2" group freestyle with my first few rounds with the gun. Rapid fire at 15 yards with an IDPA target keeping them in the zero is actually boring. This gun is accurate.

My load was a 124 grain MG CMJ with 4.0 grains of Titegroup seated at 1.130.

Great trigger, the factory rear sight and Dawson F/O front sight combo is great. The IDPA legal extended mag release button is a nice addition and Springer's stippling job really keeps the pistol in place.

Could not be happier with Springer Precision's work and customer service. :cheers:

Edited by Paul Burtchell