Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Ruger Rimfire question.

Ty Hamby

So if I shoot a limited pistol and an open rifle I am in open? Ruger Rimfire rules dont seperate the weapons in the scoreing software?

No because the shooter has to declare their division to determine their status and just like in multi-gun matches whatever gun has the highest mods determines what division you are shooting in.

If they were separating the scores by gun category it might be different. But the final score is a combined score so both firearms have to be classes in the same division.

• 2 months later...

So if I shoot a limited pistol and an open rifle I am in open? Ruger Rimfire rules dont seperate the weapons in the scoreing software?

No, because Ruger Rimfire differs from Steel Challenge type matches. In Ruger Rimfire you will shoot some stages pitol only, some rifle only and some will combine runs with both rifle and pistol. Some stages even have you transitioning from rifle to pistol in the same string. There are many videos on You-Tube you can watch and see the format.

Tim

No, because Ruger Rimfire differs from Steel Challenge type matches. In Ruger Rimfire you will shoot some stages pitol only, some rifle only and some will combine runs with both rifle and pistol. Some stages even have you transitioning from rifle to pistol in the same string. There are many videos on You-Tube you can watch and see the format.

Tim

If either firearm you shoot is considered open, you are in open division. Winner at end of match is combined pistol and rifle score. They will also break out high pistol and rifle scores but the combined total is winner.

These matches are a good time, come out and shoot what you have. You can fine tune the way you want to runs your set ups later. There will be all skill levels at the state championship level matches. :cheers:

Barry