Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Help my buy a 1911

38SuperDub

I talked to Dawson's Precision and they said they will get a shipment of .40 trojans in i think October. When i got my trojan .40 i had them put a Ambi safety and S&A magwell, i should have had them put on a FO sight as well. But i think it was an extra $200 or so. I would look at Thunder Mountain as i said earlier, they will do the install for free, as i had to pay for the install with Dawsons's.

Oh I know - I told him I was in no rush - Gator Classic is in October and I am going to shoot my M&P for that - so I told him I didnt need it before November - it would be like my own Christmas present.

Chris Andersen shoots an STI Trojan and loves it - so I'm gonna just pick one up in a couple weeks.

I've never fired an STI, but they look and feel good in the store. I do like my SA more than other brands I have tried. As far as the SA ILS mainspring housing, you don't need to change the housing but just the spring cap. Recommended to use standard length mainsprings, but it does (invisibly) disable the lock. Who uses it anyway?

So a came to post questions about a single stack in 40 and Wa-La here is a thread already talking about single stacks so I want to jump in but not hijack the thread.

I too an looking at a Trojan in 40. I have read some good and bad stories about reliability in SS 40s but it seem like once you get the right combo of mags and OAL you are ok. Please correct me if I am wrong. I have als read alot of about the tipp mags and people using 10mm mags for their SS 40s.

?? One thing I have not heard any discussions is if using Lead bullets over something plated affect your reliability so if something can speak to that I am interested to listed.

?? Assuming you get your SS 40 running ok are there disadvantage of using 40 and not 45 in USPSA or Steel matches. Not running in the big matches but keeping local and it is all for fun.