Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

G35 throwing brass in my face

chp5

Well Glock gave me a new slide and slide internals after I cracked my original G35 slide.

However, when shooting my Major load, I get brass hitting me in the face and on the head. What's the fix?

Thanks.

chp5,

The best way to stop that from happening it to shoot your STI. :P

Erik

True, true . . .

I'm sending it to Benny Hill so he can chop off a bunch of metal so I can get the Edge under 10 lbs or so :D Then maybe I'll shoot it.

BTW - I think I found the problem: operator error!

I mix and match my Glock uppers/lowers/trigger groups, etc. Apparently I had a 9mm ejector housing in my 40 G35.

Interestingly, the G34 I've been shooting in Prod had a 40 ejector in it for the last 5 months and ran fine. :blink:

Good luck @ Area 6. I'm slammed with business so I'm staying home and working.

G35 throwing brass in my face, What's the fix

You know, some people pay money for that.

Oh wait...brass. Nevermind.

- Gabe

Brass in the face is considerably less fun.

Usually there are a couple easy fixes for the brass face.

- Grip the gun a tightier...especailly an issue with the women and children (we have plenty of each that have had this issue locally..and guys too)

Better yet...

- Get the pliers out and bend the ejector so that it hits the brass sooner (or later). Take it out, and heat it up, if you think you will break it.

- Go with a ligher recoil spring.

- Replace (tweak) the extractor spring (like Chris said...though I have never done that)

• 7 years later...

I'm not recommending anyone do this, but if you use the 9mm extractor on your 35, with a 13lb guide rod spring, you can get the brass to fly about 10-15ft to your right!! Yea, a gun store sold me the wrong ejector one time, and without noticing I replaced it and thought, "wow, I really did need a new ejector!!" I came to find that it was the one for 9mm glocks. lol, for fun I used an 11lb spring to see how far they would fly.

Anyways, this really is a bad idea because the 9mm ejector tilts in towards the primer more then the one for .40cal. Plus it is slightly longer. If your not careful ejecting live rounds, the ejector can set off the round and cause some major damage. The was an article in one of the last Front Sight magazines with an example of this kind of accident.