Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

2004 USPSA Nationals wait list

maybe Rob can answer: Exactly how will the USPSA Nationals wait list work for those of us who don't have a slot yet? Will sign-up be turned on midnight May 1 EDT, should we all turn our alarms on to be among the first to sign up? Stay awake all night long and try and try and try?

--Detlef

BTW, I am new to the Nationals and hoping to get a slot through the wait list, but I have a very basic quesiont: What divisions are shot at the Nationals, is it only Limited, Limited 10 and Open?, I heard that Production is a separate match called Factory Nationals?, if true when and where is this match held?.

Sorry for my ignorance.

Detlef, sorry I only added a question :wacko: instead of helping with your query!

I plan on turning on the Nationals waitlist this evening, shortly after Midnite. I'm not doing an automated turn-on since I would have to watch it to test anyhow. If I run into any problems, the "worst case" is sometime Saturday.

Remember, there is a $10 fee this year - the only way you lose that fee is to decline an offered slot.

IMPORTANT: The system will allow you to pay on-line via credit card. Although these are processed manually (something I am in the process of changing), they will be processed IN THE ORDER IN WHICH PAYMENT IS SUBMITTED. Your place on the waitlist is determined by your ORDER OF PAYMENT, not order of submission.

I know this sounds a bit unfriendly, but last year, Sedro had to contact hundreds (yes, hundreds) of folks on the waiting list who did not accept. It was as if everyone signed up without even thinking if they would go (Yup, gotta get me on that there waitlist in case I win the lottery).

Rob

Not good news - I joined USPSA this past week (Thursday if I recall right) hoping to receive an instant email with details of my subscription so that I could get my name on the waiting list today However it appears that those details wont get to me sometime next week (at best) in the front sight magazine. I fear that by that time the waiting list will be so long that I have no chance of getting a slot, any suggestions of how to get on the list asap (Sunday or Monday AM latest).

Thanks

The problem is that I cant get onto the members page where is where the waiting list format is at - I presume because I don´t see it anywhere else.

Who is Sedro Wooley and how to I contact him?, email? phone?.

Thanks for help

Who is Sedro Wooley and how to I contact him?, email? phone?

Sedro Woolley is the location of USPSA headquarters. Just give them a call at (360) 855-2245, and most likely you will get the pleasure of speaking with Staci. If Staci can't help you out, she will be able to connect you with someone who can. Feel free to tell her that Brian Hanna told you that she would be able to resolve this. ;)

I know this sounds a bit unfriendly, but last year, Sedro had to contact hundreds (yes, hundreds) of folks on the waiting list who did not accept.  It was as if everyone signed up without even thinking if they would go (Yup, gotta get me on that there waitlist in case I win the lottery).

Rob

Rob, I was one of the hundreds of those who had to turn down slots last year, even though I was on the wait lists..... I didn't treat as a "lottery", and it wasn't a frivolous thing.

For many of us, our jobs prevent us from knowing several months in advance whether we can be free for the match dates- so we ask for a slot on the off chance that IF we get one, and IF we can get off work (or know we can by the time of the slot offer), we'd be able to accept and go.

Last year, I couldn't yet guarantee I'd be off work for the match, when the slots were offered, so I turned them down.

I've signed up again this year, paid my $10, and am anxiously awaiting... for the first time in years, I've been successful in getting the time off actually scheduled for the Nationals...... now I just need a slot - I've earned or been offered one for the last 4 years running, but couldn't go :angry: ) so this year I'm looking forward to it! :D

I signed up at 12:03 am on the 1st, and paid by 12:05 - think I have a chance? :blink:

SF

Not good news - I joined USPSA this past week (Thursday if I recall right) hoping to receive an instant email with details of my subscription so that I could get my name on the waiting list today However it appears that those details wont get to me sometime next week (at best) in the front sight magazine. I fear that by that time the waiting list will be so long that I have no chance of getting a slot, any suggestions of how to get on the list asap (Sunday or Monday AM latest).

Thanks

Adding "Pending" will get you on the list, but please be VERY careful to correctly spell your name, phone and email since the office staff will not be able to look you up by competitor number in their database if they have trouble finding you.

So I was finaly able to access the Members area, got my member number via email quickly thanks to Val Reule. I paid my $10 very early on May 3rd, but still it appears as pending when I check the status in the web site I guess they just have not got to processing all the transactions yet.

Anybody have any idea of how many people are in the waiting list already?, and how long it takes them to process the payment?

Thanks

Sergio

Just asked USPSA the same question..... I registered and paid on 5 minutes after Wait List page opened up, on Friday night, but my payment has not been processed.

According to USPSA, they haven't processed any payments yet as of (Thursday 4/6 @ 4 PM), so no one has paid or Confirmed on their status yet.....

They did say that if you saw the payment screen and it was accepted, you should be good to go... I was told to be patient, I was on the list, my payment info was out there - just not processed yet.

They will start processing and updating the website soon I'd guess. Probably won't start calling about slots until later in May after the returned slots are counted up?

hopefully someone with more knowledge can help me. I signed up about 12:03 a.m. Chicago time, (i didnt take the time change into account). I was given the sign-up page, and submitted my credit card payment info. It is now thursday the 6th almost 11 p.m. chicago time and I am still listed as pending. the USPSA site lists my sign up time as 11:03 pm on the 30th. Should I be worried? I tried calling the office in Sedro, but was told that with the server down they couldnt tell me anything. Are there any avenues I could pursue to insure I get a slot? or just wait and hope everything went through as it should have?

My wait list entry now registers "Yes" under paid as of Friday night @ 9 pm central.

Yippee! :D

Now just have to wait until/if the phone call comes for the slot ! B)

UPDATE: As of Tuesday 5/11, I was offered a slot.... I think they said I was fifth in line or so. I had registered right when the list went live....

Now, time to practice and load ammo. Funny how Area 4 just became a "warm up" match ;)