Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Is anyone shooting Limited 10

GuyC

Is anyone shooting Limited 10 near you, or at big matches? Were I shoot there is only 3 people out of 40 or so that shoot limited 10. I would like to shoot it but it seems like there would be no local competition which is never as much fun.

Area 4 has 19 the Gator Classic has 15. I understand this is not Limited, Open or Production number's. We usually get at least 4 at our local matches. It's the only division I shoot at local or at bigger matches.

Some club matches here it is double digit competitors and some it is not. I started in L10 and liked shooting it but have moved on to Limited with a proper gun. I shot it last year at the Indiana Section because I had a cracked slide on the Limited Gun. L10 and Production teach you to break down stages better I think.

I am thinking about limited 10 next year, I shoot a brazos 40 and I found myself struggling more with stage breakdown with 18 rds than I would with 10, I started in production and it seems a lot simpler to break it down into 8 to 10 plans. Once you get above 15 or so I end up reloading when there is an opportunity anyway.

At our local level I am trying for the win anyway so divison isnt that important.

unfortunately for us here in Hawaii we're all forced to shoot L10/Open-10 B). We're jealous of you guys who actually can load your mags to capacity. Shot at Area 1 this year in L10 and there only about 40 shooters; 3 A class, and the rest B/C/D. I'll be shooting Limited instead of L10 in future Level III matches.

Super Senior

I shoot L-10 40 S&W. At local matches there are usually 8-12 shooters. Used to shoot Open 38SC but stopped...too much lost brass, just not worth it and don't want to shoot 9mm major. Also shoot SS sometimes with the the L-10 gun & of course 8 rd. mags. I'm always 1st or 2nd in points scored but my times are too slow. But then again I don't really care...it's alot of fun and the comradery & friends you make are priceless.

I'm shooting it a lot lately. Started with Production, then SS minor. Then L10 with a 40 XD.. Just got a new STI Edge for Limited and a slot at Nationals for L10.

It makes sense for me. A 10 shot gun in 3 Divisions.

Joe

A65813

Edited by t0066jh

I started and continue shooting Limited10 - .40 major. For me it is personal reasons right now - learn how to break down stages and the ability to work on both moving and standing reloads. Once I get those down then I will think about moving to Limited.