Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

I was watching the NBC Evening News last night and they did a story on the training the security for the Olympics in Athens was doing. They showed a sniper in full gilly shoot a balloon at 250 feet. The balloon (helium filled) was tied to a target stand that looked like an IPSC target stand. There was a man standing on both sides of the target stand and the balloon was about 1 foot higher than the man on the left's head. No joke. :wacko:

I was watching the NBC Evening News last night and they did a story on the training the security for the Olympics in Athens was doing. They showed a sniper in full gilly shoot a balloon at 250 feet. The balloon (helium filled) was tied to a target stand that looked like an IPSC target stand. There was a man standing on both sides of the target stand and the balloon was about 1 foot higher than the man on the left's head. No joke. :wacko:

So you think the shot was about 18 inches high for the lower A zone or 12 inches high for an upper A zone? <_<

And I thought "Greek Security" meant chain mail undies :)

I once saw a bunch of NZ Army "snipers" training at 300M with a set of dummies on a park bench. When they said would I like a go. I briskly said YEAH!

They got on the radio and two of the dummies got up and walked away. :ph34r:

I checked the third dummy real careful before nearly missing it. :unsure:

I am sure they all walk with bowed legs.

There is a final test before entering French Gendarmerie elite group, the Famous GIGN.

The man is on the line at 25 meters and wears the flack vest they wear for their missions. He got a pigeon clay hanging at his neck.

Another officer then aim at the pigeon and shoot it with his revolver (their primary handgun is a 357 magnum revolver loaded with "awful" ammo).

This is called the Confidence Test.

:wacko:

Julien,

That is wacky on sooo many levels.

- Primary gun a revolver? So.."old school"

- clays are shotgun targets

- If they were really confident, they would wear the body armour a bit lower...over the truely important parts.

:D:lol: