Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

9mm Major?

justaute

All,

Are 75SA/Shadow variants able to handle 9mm major loads? :surprise:

I've shot them in my Shadow, but there is no real reason to do so unless you intend to shoot open Division, then I suggest just getting a Checkmate. Loading 9 major isn't for beginners, a small mistake will yield a large kaboom.

Got it. Thanks All. Stay cool out there. It's a hot one here in North Texas.

Yes, but as Ron said... the Czechmate is designed for it.

The other CZ won't take an extended OAL that it takes to make major without reaming the barrel.

There have been several Sp01's that have been converted to Open guns. As far as I know they all handled running major without any problems. I would probably just have a few spare slide stops with me if I decided to do it.

• 1 year later...

I don't think it's a question of WILL this gun or that gun handle major loads, but a question of how long factory components not specifically designed for major loads will last, and which part is your weakest link. In CZs depending on the length of the fully compressed recoil spring the weakest link is usually the slide stop (which is why my TS came with three extras).

Though the TS and the Czechmate are both beefed up in the slide/frame, I think the standard slide/frame should hold up pretty well. Unfortunately CZ slides are not easy to come by.

Edited by kneelingatlas

• 2 months later...

I remember when people were shooting 9mm major the last time around when it was all the rage. Saw quite a few guns detonate. Hell no, would I shoot 9mm major or recommend anyone to do so. Go get a .38 Super if you want to shoot major with max capacity.