Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

Masters Question

Chuck D

I use the 7mmBR out of a Remington XP100. I have a standing load & a prone load, but allot of guys use the same load for both.

Hope you decide to go. I know you will have a great time. I have been four times. I did not go this year (2002) because I wanted to go the Steel Challenge and did not have enough vacation days at my job to do both. I hope to go back in 2003.

(Edited by Philip Dedmon at 8:52 am on Dec. 15, 2002)

Phillip,thank you. might I inqure who put your XP100 together? What brand/power scope do you use and where did you buy the custom stock you use? My game plan is to put together the gear this coming year and come to play in 2004.

Me and my two mentors did all the work on my XP. Barrel is stock with an aftermarket muzzle break. The trigger is a Jewel, the scope is a 4.5x14 Vari-X III Tactical Leupold, the stock was hand built by us. My loads are loaded with AA 2015.  

(Edited by Philip Dedmon at 8:55 pm on Dec. 16, 2002)

• 3 weeks later...

Masters rules state 6mm is the minimum caliber and has been shot in the past.  Problems knocking over the 12" 200 meter plates with the 6mm bullet weights.

For an off the shelf gun, the Remington XP-100 in 7mmBR is your best choice.  Factory ammo is available, as well as factory brass.

The 6.5 mention in an earlier post is a good caliber but that is all hand formed cases and a lot of work.

For handloading, all you need is a bullet is the 120-130 grain range.  I shoot the Sierra 130 Match Kings.

If you haven't bought a gun yet, try posting a Wanted to Buy add in the BE Classifieds.