Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

gun purchasing

gvpt

Move to Idaho and get a concealed weapons license. Give the FFL your license an there's no phone call to make. Fill out the form, show the license, gun is yours.

Just a quick followup.. isn't this the same everywhere with a resident carry permit?

You have definately not lived in NY especially Westchester County. I won't even touch the NYC endorsement stuff.

1. Buy gun

2. Gun dealer keeps gun gives you paper

3. Submit paper local police to get amended permit to show numbers of new gun(along with the others on your permit)

4. Locals check then send to county court for approval

5. Whoever lost the judge pool and is the permit guy can sign or not for any reason (even I'm just not in the mood today). Denied? Don't pass Go, start same ol same ol.

6. Up to 6 months later you get contacted to pickup new permit with purchase order attached. If you accidentally rip off purchase order you start over

7. Gun seller takes off purchase order from your new permit and finally gives you your gun. Yes, that gun that you paid for all that time ago. :surprise:

I probably forgot other stuff. It's been a while.

Am I glad I moved out years ago. :closedeyes:

OK. i reread OP's post and he's talking shotgun and I'm talking pistola here. It still felt great to rant. :goof:

Edited by Youngeyes

Move to Idaho and get a concealed weapons license. Give the FFL your license an there's no phone call to make. Fill out the form, show the license, gun is yours.

Just a quick followup.. isn't this the same everywhere with a resident carry permit?

You have definately not lived in NY especially Westchester County. I won't even touch the NYC endorsement stuff.

1. Buy gun

3. Submit paper local police to get amended permit to show numbers of new gun(along with the others on your permit)

5. Whoever lost the judge pool and is the permit guy can sign or not for any reason (even I'm just not in the mood today). Denied? Don't pass Go, start same ol same ol.

6. Up to 6 months later you get contacted to pickup new permit with purchase order attached. If you accidentally rip off purchase order you start over

7. Gun seller takes off purchase order from your new permit and finally gives you your gun. Yes, that gun that you paid for all that time ago. :surprise:

Not in TN

not sure, i always needed a permit even as a resident and needed to be renewed every 4 years and still do. NH just passed you don't need the permit..i don't know when it takes effect when a permit isn't required anymore.

Nevada just passed the bill allowing the CCW permit exemption. It used to be that way, but the law sunsetted, and it just got rolled back. It's a state issue as to whether or not there's an exemption.

Edited by glknineteen

1. Buy gun

OK. i reread OP's post and he's talking shotgun and I'm talking pistola here. It still felt great to rant. :goof:

Thats just another reason to not live in NY.

I have one customer who buys frequently and almost everytime he gets a delay. I have talked to ATF to find out why but you don't get answers. He usually waits the 3 days and then the 'Proceed' is given. I've had this happen at least 8 times during the past 2 years with him

I have a friend who runs a shop. He told me a story of a gentleman who is a collector and probably his best customer in a sea of great customers. This man has bought hundreds of new and vintage firearms from this one shop and EVERY time he has been delayed and a few days later, gets the proceed. The owner of the shop says its crazy, the guy comes in pays the transfer fee or pays for the gun, fills out paperwork and leaves. Comes back in a week to get his gun. Lol

Spanky

I don't think its a common name..

My son has the same name and this happen to him about a yr ago. Thanks Greg

I agree, gvpt is not a very common name! laugh.gif

oh yeah gvpt is my email address they stand for my name and business initials. Believe me Spanky, gvpt is easier than Gregory Vatistas, or i have been called Vitalis in high school. you remember the old Vitalis hair tonic..Greg

Any reason as to why you chose to not give your SSN this time?

I don't put my social on anything really as a rule of thumb, unless it is mandatory, and even then sometimes i still don't, until they ask for it. Just bought a shot gun a few weeks ago, no social, no problem.

As for buying 6 guns in a year, it is my understanding that information is not supposed to be tracked except by the dealer. They run an FBI check, but the FBI is NOT supposed to be making records of the purchases/checks. This is an issue of concern in the Southern border states right now though as the ATF is trying to pass a law that requires tracking and reporting if someone buys more than X guns. I hope it doesn't pass because if it passes there, it'll only be a short ammount of time before it's a national thing.