Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M2i firing pin

-XX-

Had some light primer strikes last week and installed an M2I extra long firing pin and extra strong spring I had ordered for back up.

The firing pin rest just behind the breech face. Is this to close or normal.

It's not a matter of if the spring is broken or not. Springs do lose their claimed rating. Since I use wolf springs and they come with firing pin springs, I change it out every time I change my recoil spring out.

Hello: That is normal. The Dawson is even longer so you have to check if it does not stick out tooo far :surprise: Thanks, Eric

I am not sure this a true statement. I believe they are both 0.030 longer. The M2i variant is larger in diameter than the Dawson.

Hello: That is normal. The Dawson is even longer so you have to check if it does not stick out tooo far :surprise: Thanks, Eric

I am not sure this a true statement. I believe they are both 0.030 longer. The M2i variant is larger in diameter than the Dawson.

In fact, a lot of times I need to turn them down a bit to get them to move through the breech cleanly. I was told this is because the breech holes are slightly out of spec on some, but I always felt better about turning down the pin then messing with the breech hole.

JT

PS my M2I is about .015-.020 from the face.

JT

In fact, a lot of times I need to turn them down a bit to get them to move through the breech cleanly. I was told this is because the breech holes are slightly out of spec on some, but I always felt better about turning down the pin then messing with the breech hole.

JT

PS my M2I is about .015-.020 from the face.

JT

I use a .070" reamer to uniform the firing pin hole.

If you install one be double damn sure that it will move forward and return freely. Slam fires are scarey.

Pat

Hello: The Dawson firing pin is the longer than the M2i. At least all the ones I measured have been. Thanks, Eric

+1. I have about 4 of the M2i and a couple of the Dawsons. The Dawsons are longer.