Brian Enos's Forums... Maku mozo!

M&P PRO .40 Limited Build

JMIS

I have a 9mm Pro that I shoot in Production and love it. So now I decided to build a .40 Pro Limited gun. I plan on setting it up like my Production gun with Limited extras and milling on the slide.

Shopping list for Speed Shooters Specialties...

KKM M&P 40 Pro Match Barrel, 5 in... I run one in my Production 9mm Gun and makes a difference.

Appex Comp Kit... Can't go without.

Burwell Rear Sight... I have one on Production Gun also. I want to keep the same sight picture on both guns.

Speed Shooter Specialties M&P 9/40/357 ESP Magwell, Aluminum

Taylor Freelance Extended Base Pad, S&W M&P 9/40/357, 140mm Aluminum x4

CR Speed WSM 2 M&P Holster

And the stock Pro .40 for now :devil:

mp40pro001.jpg

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I am doing the same thing. Shopping list looks close to the same except I will be using Dawson front and rear, stock barrel (polished to bring out the slide cuts), Apex sear and my own trigger work. I have already done the stipple on the grip and the slide is being cut by Bobby at FGW now. I will be looking for pictures of your finished pistol. :cheers:

Very nice list looking at yours i seen couple things i forgot to get for my 40. Would like to see how yours is comming along with some updates.I wont get my slide done till winter time and i have some feed back from ppl who have lighted them up. So have been lurking in the shadows looking at others builds.

Edited by Roundguy

Doesn't SSS make a steel magwell for limited that is larger than their aluminum ESP magwell?

They do list a steel one also. Now you got me thinking :D

I am doing the same thing. Shopping list looks close to the same except I will be using Dawson front and rear, stock barrel (polished to bring out the slide cuts), Apex sear and my own trigger work. I have already done the stipple on the grip and the slide is being cut by Bobby at FGW now. I will be looking for pictures of your finished pistol. :cheers:

This is my 9 PRO Production set up. My dad will do the stipple work on grip and slide milling.

mppro9mm002.jpg

mppro9mm001.jpg

I will update with pictures :cheers:

Speed Shooter order completed...

Qty Prod. # Description Price Ea. Extra shipping Ext. Price

1 1845 Apex Tactical M&P 9/40 Competition Action Enhancement Kit (Comp AEK) 94.95 0.00 $ 94.95

1 1825 KKM M&P 40 Pro Match Barrel, 5 in. 165.00 0.00 $ 165.00

1 1801 Speed Shooter Specialties M&P 9/40/357 ESP Magwell, Aluminum 55.00 0.00 $ 55.00

1 1198 Smith & Wesson M&P 40 Magazine, 15 round 33.00 0.00 $ 33.00

3 1549 Taylor Freelance Extended Base Pad, S&W M&P 9/40/357, 140mm Aluminum 29.95 0.00 $ 89.85

Subtotal: $ 437.80

Shipping (Standard): $ 0.00

$ 0.00

Order Total: $ 437.80

:)

JMIS let me know what you think of the barrel when you get it been thinking of getting one. I also went with the alum over the steel magwell. Only thing im doing diffrent is im waiting on the FSTS setup.

JMIS let me know what you think of the barrel when you get it been thinking of getting one. I also went with the alum over the steel magwell. Only thing im doing diffrent is im waiting on the FSTS setup.

Roundguy, I have the KKM barrel in my Production 9mm Pro also. I would suggest adding it, I see tighter groups since adding it in my 9mm Pro.

Edited by JMIS

I shoot limited also but went with the bigger SSS magwell than the esp one. I posted my build a while ago on here. Not the Pro which I love the way they shoot and feel but I still do well with the FS and it keeps me in the race :) I also am running a KKM barrel and they do work well but are tighter than the stock barrel so make sure you load to the new barrel.

Jeremy, you should have ordered the new Apex FSS trigger kit!!!!

Dave, is that the one that looks like a Glock trigger? If it is, I'm not a fan of the Glock look and feel... that's just me.

Stopped by my dads today for some slide work :) The ports will show much better with the silver KKM barrel.

I'm very lucky to have a dad that's a part time Gunsmith :) THANKS DAD!

mpproports001.jpg

mpproports003.jpg

mpproports006.jpg

Camera SUCKS! :angry2:

Dave, is that the one that looks like a Glock trigger? If it is, I'm not a fan of the Glock look and feel... that's just me.

It feels nothing like a Glock. The pretravel and overtravel are so minimal that it feels as close to a 1911 as I've ever felt in a non-1911 gun. My .40 Pro limited build will definitely have one.

It feels nothing like a Glock. The pretravel and overtravel are so minimal that it feels as close to a 1911 as I've ever felt in a non-1911 gun. My .40 Pro limited build will definitely have one.

+1, everyone that shoots my FSS trigger says it's the best trigger they have ever felt in a polymer gun.

Jmis as far as i can see you slotted top and two small ports on sides is that right and if so hows the feel of it compared to the stock

I shot the gun today. It feels GREAT! Even my buddy who is an XD / 1911 guy was amazed. He said he might have to get one and let my dad cut it up. :D

Jmis as far as i can see you slotted top and two small ports on sides is that right and if so hows the feel of it compared to the stock

I shot the gun today. It feels GREAT! Even my buddy who is an XD / 1911 guy was amazed. He said he might have to get one and let my dad cut it up. :D

I don't know what your talking about :devil: .... The stippling and slide modification made a ton of differences. Just waiting to see how many rounds you can stuff in it before i go on a quest to find one.

I really want to try a nice build on a 40 Pro...but if I do I have a feeling I will have a $2500 limited gun sitting in my safe while I shoot plastic.

Nothing wrong with being a collector of high price guns :D